Which I'd bought in 2008 to use in Europe as a web tablet on the go as I traveled. When I got home, I bought a laptop and packed this away. I just found it in my stuff from storage, but it's asking me for a lock code. I don't remember setting one ever, but the standard 12345 isn't working, and neither are the two numeric codes I religiously use as lock codes for my electronic devices (when I do bother to set them at all.) I have proof that I purchased it, btw -- if you all need me to prove it's not stolen.

Anywho, I called Nokia and they said "take it to a T-Mobile or AT&T store and they'll reflash it and reset the code." Neither store had ever seen the device before nor did they know how to reset it. I've tried the flash instructions on this site with a WINXP laptop. No dice.

How can I get the lock code or reset it? Again, I can prove it's mine if that's needed. I've scoured Google for information and come up with nothing. I'd really love to be able to use this device again. Help!

edit: oh hey! There's an old post from 2008 by me when I'd had my tablet for a few days. Is that enough to prove it's mine? If not I can post my ebay transaction record.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serafin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Here you go. Have fun with your tablet!

NOTE: you need to use the old flasher.
Grab the firmware here.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-08-30 at 02:17.

Thanks for your reply. I'm still confused. Your link makes no sense to me.

It's though. That entry says it either needs to not be locked or have ssh. And I don't know what ssh IS, much less if it has that on it. All it has is a black screen with a white square for an unlock code. That's as far as I get.

I see where he shows to type stuff in, but where am I even typing that in? I don't get any screen on my device, nor on my computer when I connect it via USB.

Furthermore, once I get to http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N800.php this page, I don't know which software to download to flash it. On the other page you linked, http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/d3.php, I have a winxp machine and an Intel-powered Macbook Pro with OSX Lion, so I don't even see where I can download anything I can actually use.

I am walking blind here. All I want to do is use my device. I am not a savvy Linux user and i don't even know what Ubuntu IS.

Last edited by Serafin; 2011-08-30 at 03:12.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh man! You are in for a WORLD of fun, now that you found your NOKIA N800 and need help! You're either going to need to contact Nokia for that FAAAAANTASTIC world-class customer support... or you're going to have to deal with the forums here. :P Fun fun fun.

Alright, setting your expectations aside now... what the last fellow was trying to suggest is that you either crack that puppy's lock code by using ssh--which, if you don't know what it is, you're not likely to have had installed on the darn thing and/or you're going to have to learn how to play with ssh. In either case, that's REEEEEEALLY no fun if you're a Windows user for a myriad of reasons.

The second thing he was suggesting was to outright just erase the thing clean and restore it back to like-new factory OS image using the flash tool. You can find step-by-step info here for your device: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...re#N800.2FN810

If I were you, I'd go for the latter.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I don't mind having to restore it, none of the data that could be on it would be anything i'd care to save, it's been a year!

I looked into that article and tried to restore it using flasher 3.5 on my winxp machine tonight. Am I missing something huge here? because it didn't flash at all. It says to press "u" on my device keyboard. WHAT KEYBOARD? the nokia n800 didn't have a pop out keyboard, and all i have is that stupid lock code screen.

I am so lost!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Serafin, you're right: for the N800, Maemo wiki points to a non-existant www page.
Try here: http://www.nokia.it/supporto/support...mento-software
You won't have to push kbd buttons you don't have Of course I dob't know if reflashing will reset your lock code.
And if you still have problems, report here; I'll try to help (even if windows is not my environment of choice). You can use also
Italian if you wish so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Serafin View Post
I don't mind having to restore it, none of the data that could be on it would be anything i'd care to save, it's been a year!

I looked into that article and tried to restore it using flasher 3.5 on my winxp machine tonight. Am I missing something huge here? because it didn't flash at all. It says to press "u" on my device keyboard. WHAT KEYBOARD? the nokia n800 didn't have a pop out keyboard, and all i have is that stupid lock code screen.

I am so lost!
I'm not sure what in heck it's talking about--I use Linux to flash my N800 (I don't own any Windows cursed computers)... but on the N800, I know you have the make sure to completely turn off the N800... plug the USB into the PC, hold down the HOME button (on the front of the device) while you then use your other paw to reach up and hold power button to turn it on. (To summarize: You plug it into the USB, then hold down the HOME key whilst you turn it on)... that puts the N800 into FLASH mode. VOILA!

Lemme know if you still have any weird problems with it, I'll try my best to answer. WARNING: I'm only doing my best and therefore, you're responsible for anything that happens as a result, like bricking your N800, causing damage to your PC, causing all your hair to fall out, awakening the zombies or making your mother cry.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Serafin, you're right: for the N800, Maemo wiki points to a non-existant www page.
Try here: http://www.nokia.it/supporto/support...mento-software
You won't have to push kbd buttons you don't have Of course I dob't know if reflashing will reset your lock code.
And if you still have problems, report here; I'll try to help (even if windows is not my environment of choice). You can use also
Italian if you wish so.
debernardis is the MAN. Rock on, man!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Going to try this! Will report back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serafin For This Useful Post:
Any luck??

Tags
buysomethinelse, nokia support