Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
I can upload N900 builds if people with are willing to test them out. I applied that page flipping patch to the kernel and will upload a new build this evening to see if it works.
bdogg64 for me i would just need your updated kernel patches, and the rootfs. If possible

Edit: i was going to try/apply the new patch too ... i guess i will wait

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
lol. im also about to try out 2.6.29 which i think has the dss2 fb driver doesnt it ?

Yep true

can someone check the source for 2.6.29 - drivers/video folder is it just me or is their an mbx folder in their (mbx being the gfx on n8x0

EDIT: scratch that its for intel PXA systems

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-17 at 12:41.

A few notes :

- When using the droid patched kernel with the vanilla modules, the weird mouting append. It's also impossible to mount partitions manually. This do not happen with the vanilla kernel, no matter the modules used. So the mounting problem under maemo comes from a kernel patch, not a module patch.

- When using the droid patched kernel (no matter the modules again), usb do not work at all on maemo (no usb mass storage or usb/ip available) and under android too it seems (no adb connection seems possible) which render my work difficult

- Internet only work with the vanilla kernel ( i'm not talking about wifi, but data plan ).

Edit : well, i don't know what i'm doing but can't get the android ts to work anymore ...
I think i should write a little "bootmenu" script which would restore a vanilla kernel/modules. Would make my life easier.

Last edited by Cpasjuste; 2010-03-17 at 16:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post:
lol thats a pain

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
So, whats the satutos of this project now?
I've read alot of posts here, but...

Could someone clear this whole thing up for me?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bergen, Norway
Stupid question, but I keep getting a error from preinit that it didn't find /usr/sbin/chroot - However I have in maemo /usr/sbin/chroot symlinked to /bin/busybox and on my android partition I have /usr/sbin/chroot symlinked to /system/bin/busybox/sbin/chroot.

Why on earth does it fail?

I'd like to point out that on the nitdroid.com site, there is a link to connect to an IRC chat. There are a few people in the Nitdroid channel that may be able to answer questions faster than on here. Plus it makes for having a discussion much easier. Need help connecting to irc freenode, pm me and i will try and help

Last edited by mrdally204; 2010-03-17 at 20:32.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by mockillo View Post
Stupid question, but I keep getting a error from preinit that it didn't find /usr/sbin/chroot - However I have in maemo /usr/sbin/chroot symlinked to /bin/busybox and on my android partition I have /usr/sbin/chroot symlinked to /system/bin/busybox/sbin/chroot.

Why on earth does it fail?
Are you using your own custom build? If you are, in your init.rc you may need to add these two to your PATH. And you have to have your own static build of busybox

/system/bin/busybox/sbin
/system/bin/busybox/bin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Last edited by bdogg64; 2010-03-17 at 21:21.

Closed Thread