Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Did it happen more than once? This one seems more like a "deeper" problem that I don't think I could have caused....

Please play a little bit more and let me know what you find....

Thanks
Facebook works fine. so does FOX. Gmail always fails.
I thought it had started failing after a few seconds, but that is not consistent. It segfaulted almost immediately as I clicked gmail several times.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Mexico
Looks like it doesn't crash anymore...

One sugestion:
Make an option to set the predetermined zoom level or make it remember the last page zoom value.

Last edited by Art.M; 2010-12-03 at 01:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to Art.M For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Agreed. gmail seems to be working fine with 1.8

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Art.M View Post
Looks like it doesn't crash anymore...
One sugestion:
Make a option to set the predetermined zoom level or make it remember the last page zoom value.
I need to bite the bullet and replace the settings with an actual database so I can store more information. It is also important to store the "user agent" so you can use macuco to browser standard web sites as well.

Today I published the first version of Macuco for Meego. Now that I think I figured out the packaging I can get back to thinking about features.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Agreed. gmail seems to be working fine with 1.8
Thank you both for the testing and feedback.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

btw, how do you uninstall this app? i dont see the uninstaller in the app manger...

Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
btw, how do you uninstall this app? i dont see the uninstaller in the app manger...
It is has been renamed to "Chrochik Macuco". Maybe you searched under 'M'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Hello,
I've found that macuco2 is great in showing my google streetview page in http://www.debernardis.it/strade3-3.html - while the stock microb browser doesn't show the images correctly (maybe due to javascript bugs?).
In fact, by now it's the best native browser for that particular page, which before I tried macuco2 I had to open with kazehakase under easy debian, adding a significant overhead.

Using a javascript-only page like that is the only way to get streetview on the n900, as far as I know.

Now I'd like to open that directly throug a shell script, passing its url as a parameter, but I haven't found how to. I'd like also to tell macuco2 to open in fullscreen, 100% zoom, and with default user agent.

Is it possible with the present version? And, if not, could you possibly hack a new version which can be invoked with parameters?

Thanks, Ernesto.
Attached Images

Last edited by debernardis; 2011-01-28 at 08:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Hello,
I've found that macuco2 is great in showing my google streetview page in http://www.debernardis.it/strade3-3.html - while the stock microb browser doesn't show the images correctly (maybe due to javascript bugs?).
In fact, by now it's the best native browser for that particular page, which before I tried macuco2 I had to open with kazehakase under easy debian, adding a significant overhead.

Using a javascript-only page like that is the only way to get streetview on the n900, as far as I know.

Now I'd like to open that directly throug a shell script, passing its url as a parameter, but I haven't found how to. I'd like also to tell macuco2 to open in fullscreen, 100% zoom, and with default user agent.

Is it possible with the present version? And, if not, could you possibly hack a new version which can be invoked with parameters?

Thanks, Ernesto.
Ernesto,
The current version does not have this capability. I will try to include it on the next release.

By the way, having streetview has been a common request for my other application GeePS and I also plan to implement it on the next release - just so you have even more options

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Just downloaded the app and was thinking it could do with looking a little prettier, no offence meant.

How easy would it be to make the background black instead of white and to change the menu icons for iPhone-ish looking ones, just for the sake of cohesion and aesthetics?

ie, is it a viable mod for me as the end user to perform or are the images hardcoded? (not had time to dig around in the filesystem yet as am still at work).

Thanks.

Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
Just downloaded the app and was thinking it could do with looking a little prettier, no offence meant.

How easy would it be to make the background black instead of white and to change the menu icons for iPhone-ish looking ones, just for the sake of cohesion and aesthetics?

ie, is it a viable mod for me as the end user to perform or are the images hardcoded? (not had time to dig around in the filesystem yet as am still at work).

Thanks.
The initial page (homepage) is is just a HTML page I created to help users find some of the web sites optimized for the ipod/iphone. It sits on my site, not on the app. The application just opens it by default.

You can create your own version of it and, if you do and decide to share with the other users, send me the html for it and I can make it into an option.

You can get the current HTML and images at: http://www.crochik.com/macuco/.

p.s. I haven't worked on the list of web sites since I first created macuco2. If you (or anybody else) has some good links to add to it let me know.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: