Originally Posted by coderus View Post
dont want to deal with Russia.. sadly
Oh, for you Coderus, OK, just don't charge back on me.

I didn't see your post earlier, sorry, I wasn't intentionally ignoring you.

Originally Posted by phr View Post
Thanks, N9WB. Sounds like you did good with the phone, and of course people have all kinds of reasons for setting whatever asking price they choose, so no problem. What puzzled me more was why there were no takers immediately, since other 64GB N9's routinely trade in the $300-350 range on this board. I'm still a little puzzled by that, but more back and forth probably won't help, and I do notice that after I bumped the thread there were immediately several inquiries. So maybe your original post just didn't get noticed by enough people when it first went up.

You're probably right about the screen size. I find the N900 screen way too small and have figured on eventually getting a 5" or larger phone. I ordered my N9 sort of on impulse, without realizing prices had gotten so low, when Newegg suddenly offered them on sale. I figured they were discontinued about a year ago, so now old stock was being blown out that had previously been set aside for warranty replacements, or something like that.

I still haven't opened my N9 but am leaning towards doing so. I'm not exactly flush with cash (tax time etc.) but I'm not as strapped right now as I've sometimes been, so if the N9 turns out to have been an unwise purchase I'll be ok.

You can make a ton of justifications of wise or unwise about the phone. Is it wise to own a phone at all? Is it OK that Elop abandoned the phone? Is it wise to spend time tinkering with a phone at the expense of friends and/or family (or job)?

Use it and enjoy it. Personally, I have not kept up with the Cloud for music and photo downloads, I'm showing my age. I like to carry my music with me and also a ton of pictures. That's just who I am. For me, 64GB. The Lumia 900 with 16GB is positively cramped.

Additional disclosure: Found a used Rogers Lumia 920 and am waiting for it in the mail.

One more reason that this doesn't fetch a premium: It's black, not white. The white ones command a premium. Also, these forums are pretty thinly visited compared to some sites. If I were in a real rush I'd use fleabay. I'd rather the phone fell into the hands of an aficionado.

Have a great week, everyone.

Last edited by N9WB; 2013-04-08 at 07:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, this purchase will be unwise if it turns out I don't use the phone much. I was all hot to trot for an N900 for quite a long time and finally got one about a year ago, and have basically not used it at all because of its general clunkiness. No regret about buying it though, it's a unique little computer that I do want to develop some code for when I get some time. The N9 is more like an E63 replacement, mainly for voice phone and text and camera use, only rarely if ever for anything involving the internet (hmm, maybe a voip program...). It doesn't even have an xterm-like program that I've found so far. Plus it cost more than the N900 did. So if it ends up sitting around that's not so great.

I see what you mean about the white phones being at a premium. They do look better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phr For This Useful Post:
phr - you can always put your phone in a case. I always kept mine in a case, usually the Nokia one though I did have a white one for a while.

Bring up my post - price dropped $15.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by phr View Post
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, this purchase will be unwise if it turns out I don't use the phone much. I was all hot to trot for an N900 for quite a long time and finally got one about a year ago, and have basically not used it at all because of its general clunkiness. No regret about buying it though, it's a unique little computer that I do want to develop some code for when I get some time. The N9 is more like an E63 replacement, mainly for voice phone and text and camera use, only rarely if ever for anything involving the internet (hmm, maybe a voip program...). It doesn't even have an xterm-like program that I've found so far. Plus it cost more than the N900 did. So if it ends up sitting around that's not so great.

I see what you mean about the white phones being at a premium. They do look better.
Go to settings, security and tgen developer mode. Click on it and wnable developer mode to have terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

Tags
black, for sale, n9 64gb, nokia n9, selling n9