Notices

Hey guys! I got a couple of Synology NAS'es and I'm wondering if there's any App developer out there who's willing to make one for Synology NAS owners

An example is SynoLoad but no Meego-Harmattan version is available at the moment. I tried to contact the developer for that app already, but have yet to get a response.

I just want to access my NAS'es features from my Nokia N9 whenever I'm out, on-the-go.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
No N9 knowledge here, but can't you just use the browser and use the web interface? I was configuring the Synology with the N900 just fine using that method, and also access the different files and folders after configuring the access from the internet.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Those "Apps" are there for the TouchPad, and i always wonder "...can't you guys not just use the available webinterface?"

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Does the myExplorer app in the nokia store do what you want?

Using the N9 browser to access the DiskStation doesn't work quite well coz it's asking me to install JAVA.

If I try to access Synology's FileStation or Download Station or some of its settings/features, the screen won't come up, or if it does at all, it becomes unresponsive or hang altogether.

myExplorer doesn't seem to work 'outside' the network (or via 3.5G).

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-01-30 at 18:06.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
The web interface is very horrible to be used with any of the tested web browser (built in, Firefox, Opera) on N900 as well as on N950.

I also wish there would be a native application.
I asked Synology if they are planning of building one, or if they at least would be interested to provide a (closed source) core like DropBox it doing.
Below is the answer I got from them:
Thank you for contacting Synology. About your request to port/open core the
API and also support more client OS, I will pass on your petition to our
product management team. As you know we do our best to make the voice of
our users into reality, and it is definitely important guide for our
product development process.

In the meantime, Synology GPL source is always available for free download
via the following path:

- http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/

I hope this info helps, please feel free to let me know if we can be of any
further service. Have a nice day.
I am not sure if we ever will get something, but at least I let them know about our desire and suggest you write them an email as well.
The email address is: inquiries@synology.com
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
says they have html5 versions of management...

http://www.synology.com/dsm/DSM_mobile.php?lang=us

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
says they have html5 versions of management...

http://www.synology.com/dsm/DSM_mobile.php?lang=us

it is indeed web based, how ever only available for iOS and Androids.
Maxbe one can get it working b changing the user agent? i havent tried...
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

caco3, I was just about to submit a feature request in the 'bug' button testing DSM 4.0 BETA right now.

Indeed, It's a bummer that only iOS and Android are currently supported.

Thank you for the email address, I will definitely add it to CC when I email another Synology guy.

Much appreciated

I just got a reply from jerome_dev, the developer of SynoLoad.

Unfortunately, he's one of those who sees no reason to contribute to the Meego-Harmattan community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post: