Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@kanishou: and what keyboard would that be?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@kanishou: and what keyboard would that be?

The one at the bottom.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
oh, an HHK congrats

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Some of the negs:

"although typing on the iPhone is much easier than any of Nokia's Qwerty keyboards."
What!? I'll take a physical keyboard over the iPhone's virtual keyboard anyway of the week.

I misspell don't "font" so many damn times daily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by iskarion View Post
This seems to be a bit strange. Even on a N800 with Tear this page is loading completely in around 7 seconds.
I just can't imagine, that the browser of the N900 is really that bad.
Improvised test with 3G: about 5 secs to have top content and start reading and about 7 to have the full page loaded.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The N900 keyboard really is nice (see my full article), but it is quite different typing on an iPhone and typing on an N900. If you've been typing on an iPhone for a year or more, then it is going to be difficult to switch to the N900, because your fingers and brain have adapted to the limitations and idiosyncrasies of the iPhone's suggestions and typing pace. But, for me, having typed on neither a Nokia keyboard nor an iPhone virtual keyboard, it seemed very nice indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
It is very weird that they didn't include Java (so far)...
Peter explains it quite well (no matter how much I disagree that sandboxed Java applets are the issue, and it's Java applications, platform and IDEs which make it powerful):

Most platforms have a single development environment: Android, iPhone and webOS all have pretty much a single way of developing apps. Nokia have two (and that's already more complicated than is ideal from selling the device to new developers): Web Runtime and Qt.

Options increase the barrier to entry - but (and this is a point I made very strongly) so do crap development tools :-/

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: