Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by evk View Post
I tend to prefer blank keys. Printed symbols only make things confusing if you don't use the same layout as the keyboard was designed for.
ähh.. please don't do that. I think if there are printed keypads it shouldn't be so difficult to get an "naked" one from Dirk.
I need the symbols on the Keypad, and i would like to have a qwertz one. (But would also accept a qwerty). A completely naked one would be a deal breaker for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by evk View Post
I tend to prefer blank keys. Printed symbols only make things confusing if you don't use the same layout as the keyboard was designed for.
Yes, that's the true hacker alternative
And to make it even better you should use an own layout, not qwerty nor azerty not dvorak

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Try Maltron layout, and even better, Maltron shape for the TOHKBD XD.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
i'm also looking forward to a qwertz-layout

The Following User Says Thank You to meverik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
please please please stop giving your preferations for qwerty/qwertz/azerty/whatever! this is all taken care of!

this is helpful:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Well, then white and light blue for special characters, on black keys.

I've owned both keyboards with these colours and keyboards with yellowish/gold on black, and my preference is clear.

Most of all, we need a quiet keyboard. The N900 keyboard is silent and at the same time has a great tactile feedback. I used lots of other keyboards and none had the same feeling, that's a shame. It's really important in my opinion.
this is noise:
Originally Posted by meverik View Post
i'm also looking forward to a qwertz-layout

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
please please please stop giving your preferations for qwerty/qwertz/azerty/whatever! this is all taken care of!

this is helpful:

this is noise:
I think we need another thread then...everyone like different

Just for poeple who like to discuss the project, progress or related stuff without interfering with your information?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-15 at 17:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I think we need another thread then...everyone like different
yes, please do all that in this thread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
scan through the last pages from this thread (from page 14 up), question is asked and answered before.
Conclusion: no change in design, only alignmentshapes for end positions. That's ok, I'll see if it's enough when the design is ready.

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
If you want to know anything about the design or discuss/suggest, you can ask me, I guess, just so that I can take some hits for Dirk
And to start with something.

QWERTZ layout is technically impossible right now because all our "raw" keypads would most probably have QWERTY right from the factory to save costs, we're terribly sorry for that but we don't have another option for now.

Having said that I should state, that this fact does not mean there would be no way to modify that "raw" keypad to have additional characters of your taste, whole design has been developed around this idea.

Last edited by wazd; 2014-09-16 at 17:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
That Maltron looks very inconvenient. The only one I'd like to see besides QWERTY is Dvorak.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd