Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Yay, looking forward to it!

This should mean a much better way to lateron add and tweak priorities by user, for e.g. media apps that are not yet catered for ;-)

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Hey,

just wanted to report that I experience micro stuttering when watching movies with the default player...

I removed v. 1.1.7....

is there still development going on for this app?
awesome job non the less so far !

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Please is there a list of all the tweaks that are performed by your program?

Also, could you please post at least checksums for the binaries? The downloads here do not even use https.

Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to bng For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
Hey,

just wanted to report that I experience micro stuttering when watching movies with the default player...

I removed v. 1.1.7....

is there still development going on for this app?
awesome job non the less so far !
For the 1st part, i can report that I'm using 1.1.7 for a about a year, even installed it with kernel plus and it was not doing any trouble so far

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
Reactivating this old thread with a question.

I'm using fasterN9 1.0.1 (stable) now since a it's being announced and network troubles it brought were never a big problem for me.
But now i'm thinking to upgrade to the latest version, since the connections seem more stable and faster with this version.

Now my question is, if it is worth the potential "trouble" to change from the stable to an unstable version? How big is the risk to brick the phone and how much increase in speed/fluidity can i expect??

Maybe somebody has already some experience and is willing to share!?

Thanks, Stefan

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
No recommendation from anyone with some experience?

Cheers, Stefan

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Shadowdog View Post
No recommendation from anyone with some experience?

Cheers, Stefan
Well I uninstalled stable version V1.0.1 because of the network problems a month ago and missed the speed and responsiveness really hard. So I decided to give it a try and install the latest 1.1.7 unstable version since nobody complained about it here. And what I can say is that it installs and runs without any problems (at least for half an hour now) so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NobodyInPerson View Post
Well I uninstalled stable version V1.0.1 because of the network problems a month ago and missed the speed and responsiveness really hard. So I decided to give it a try and install the latest 1.1.7 unstable version since nobody complained about it here. And what I can say is that it installs and runs without any problems (at least for half an hour now) so far.
Unfortunately I have to tell that the connectivity issue still persists in Version 1.1.7-unstable. Performance is good, but the mobile network only works sporadically, making the phone unusable as mobile internet device.

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I have used various versions of FasterN9 for YEARS, and never had any connectivity problems. I saw another thread somewhere that talked about this, too. I can't help but feel an adequate amount of trouble shooting was not performed before coming to this conclusion.
I have used every version from 1.0.0 stable, all the way through 1.1.4. NO issues of any kind.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I have used various versions of FasterN9 for YEARS, and never had any connectivity problems. I saw another thread somewhere that talked about this, too. I can't help but feel an adequate amount of trouble shooting was not performed before coming to this conclusion.
I have used every version from 1.0.0 stable, all the way through 1.1.4. NO issues of any kind.
I'm happy FasterN9 does the job for you. All I can tell is that I tried it multiple times. Before installing any version of FasterN9: no connectivity problems. After installation: connectivity problems. Cycled this several times to approve. Every time it was the same.
I begin to have the impression that this is somehow country or operator related...

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:10.