Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just in case you missed it (I did, it doesn't show up when you search for "Numpty"), NumptyPhysics 0.2 has been released. Make sure you back up your custom levels before installing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Minnesota
Nice to see Seamus McNally's name living on in this way.

I've never forgotten John Carmack's supremely moving story about McNally. See his .plan archive from March 2000.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zhe For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Took me a while to figure out what you meant. Here's the .plan entry, and here's how McNally's name is living on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I wouldn't say nothing, igor. Fanoush has done some very good things with the kernel, to name one example. If I understand correctly, though, one thing holding back community kernel work in general has been the frustration over getting improvements pushed upstream. Can anyone comment on that? I may be wrong.
From my side I would have been happy to see some improvement to what was done for DVFS. Provided the cpufreq driver with all the settings defined - so that there is no risk of trashing the device - it would have been interesting to see some tuning on the cpufreq governor. I don't know if it can actually be significantly improved, but AFAIK nobody has really tried.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by igor View Post
From my side I would have been happy to see some improvement to what was done for DVFS. Provided the cpufreq driver with all the settings defined - so that there is no risk of trashing the device - it would have been interesting to see some tuning on the cpufreq governor. I don't know if it can actually be significantly improved, but AFAIK nobody has really tried.
If we're gonna overclock these things, we're gonna need itty bitty water-cooling systems.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
If we're gonna overclock these things, we're gonna need itty bitty water-cooling systems.
No, as i said no change of used OP.

But for example, as i've already explained several times, op selection is really hindred by the unrealistic constraints we had on MIPS available for audio playback.
The cpufreq policies would be quite easy to play with.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by igor View Post
No, as i said no change of used OP.

But for example, as i've already explained several times, op selection is really hindred by the unrealistic constraints we had on MIPS available for audio playback.
The cpufreq policies would be quite easy to play with.
I was kidding.