Notices

Thanks a lot uvatbc for your continued support! Great work I had text message failure issues, I will try the new version and let you know if it works. In the mean time, do I need to clean up any leftover 'old' files before I install the new version (just in case)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
Thanks a lot uvatbc for your continued support! Great work I had text message failure issues, I will try the new version and let you know if it works. In the mean time, do I need to clean up any leftover 'old' files before I install the new version (just in case)?
Thanks for the kind words!

You probably won't need to clean up manually, but if you want to try it, its pretty simple: "Really quit" qgvdial and delete the ~/.qgvdial/ directory.
Then restart qgvdial. You will need to re-login and the first run will be pretty time and resource consuming.

The logout fix in this new version achieves pretty much the same effect without having to resort to the command line
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
I may have found a bug. I cleaned up the qgvdial directory and installed the latest build. It took a couple of mins to load up all my contacts and inbox (some of the text messages were missing, but that's a different issue).

When I switched to the 'dial' tab, on the top dial back selection bar (Google Talk vs. Mobile vs. etc.) it read "This phone ()" and didn't display my phone number. So, I tapped it and selected "This phone ()" again with the hopes it would recognize my number automatically but the app doesn't work now. It shows blank screens on all tabs (Dialpad, Contacts, SMS, settings)!

Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
I may have found a bug. I cleaned up the qgvdial directory and installed the latest build. It took a couple of mins to load up all my contacts and inbox (some of the text messages were missing, but that's a different issue).

When I switched to the 'dial' tab, on the top dial back selection bar (Google Talk vs. Mobile vs. etc.) it read "This phone ()" and didn't display my phone number. So, I tapped it and selected "This phone ()" again with the hopes it would recognize my number automatically but the app doesn't work now. It shows blank screens on all tabs (Dialpad, Contacts, SMS, settings)!
I thought I had worked around that bug

Unfortunately the only fix at this point is to kill qgvdial (from the terminal) and start it again.
Let me work on it (again)

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I thought I had worked around that bug

Unfortunately the only fix at this point is to kill qgvdial (from the terminal) and start it again.
Let me work on it (again)
Oops! Sorry. I went ahead and killed it. I'll not worry about the dial back number for now. I use it mostly for SMS anyway.

Thank you again for your continued work!!!

It looks like Google has changed their call API for outbound direct dialing.
Now instead of returning me a number to dial out, it calls me back.
Result: No more dial outs. Everything is a dial back. wtf.

I'm this close to giving up on this undocumented pos.

New build:
1. Fix login issues.
2. Mark as read works again
3. Throttle contacts refresh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Contacts are not loading for me anymore - it shows "Contact photos fetched" but no contacts show up.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Contacts are not loading for me anymore - it shows "Contact photos fetched" but no contacts show up.
Sent logs?

In other news:
Google Code is shutting down. It will become read only at the end of 2015 and completely shut down at the end of 2016.

The project will continue of course, but the source will now be on my own server. I won't be using github although I did consider it. I'll need to make too many changes to my build scripts and I don't have any motivation to do that.

Maemo users will continue to get drops from the maemo.org build system.
Harmattan and Sailfish users will continue to get drops from openrepos.net
BB10 users will continue to get their drops from the BB app store.
Windows, Linux and Mac users can continue to get their downloads from https://qgvdial.yuvraaj.net/downloader/showAll

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
New build: Fix login issues.

Maemo users: maemo repo.
Harmattan, Sailfish: openrepos.net
BB10: appworld (will take 3-4 days to appear)
everything else: the same old download location

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: