Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
Is there a way to turn off WLAN, just like you'd turn off bluetooth?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by tokuro View Post
Is there a way to turn off WLAN, just like you'd turn off bluetooth?
Yes, offline mode... or you can disconnect from WLAN and tell the phone not to reconnect without asking.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City

thx guys but i don;t think i was clear... how can i just turn off WLAN but keep BT, and phone (data & voice) on?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
thx guys but i don;t think i was clear... how can i just turn off WLAN but keep BT, and phone (data & voice) on?
That's what I told you. Disconnecting WLAN and setting the options up so that it doesn't reconnect when it finds WLAN will keep it offline and keep BT and phone working.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
does not connect is not the same as "off". The radio is still on but just not using the connection. it's still listening (sucking power).

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
does not connect is not the same as "off". The radio is still on but just not using the connection. it's still listening (sucking power).
It's not listening if you don't have it set to automatically search for available Access Points.

The Following User Says Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
It's not listening if you don't have it set to automatically search for available Access Points.
WLAN is still on and available WLAN networks are displayed when Always ask is selected in Internet Connections -> Connect automatically

So is there option to turn WLAN off?

Last edited by KostenBaum; 2009-12-09 at 09:57.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by KostenBaum View Post
WLAN is still on and available WLAN networks are displayed when Always ask is selected in Internet Connections -> Connect automatically

So is there option to turn WLAN off?
so the wlan is turned on to show all available wlans and turned off after that automatically.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

but it seems that you can't turn off the HW part of Wlan as the BT .. i think it's the question