IIRC i have seen on a video that when you long press on multitasking view and you go to the mode where you can close the apps, there you see all open apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
I also set some ambiances for myself, but now they have all disappeared
See my separate thread, it describes how to get them back without doing a reset.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Browser is quite horrible in its current state. Installing Firefox or random Android browser is one the first things I would recommend to a new user.
That's what i thought but the latest bug fixes have improved the browser, especially selecting links from a page. I miss landscape still but find myself using the stock browser over Firefox now.

Once landscape mode arrives I may get rid of Firefox, or keep it for the private browsing mode

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I wasn't one of them. But I can understand. Both is best :-) N9's browser multitasking kicks a**e
Me neither. I'm yet to try the sailfish approach, but I think I'm fine with both solutions, each one has its pros and cons. Just a matter of taste probably.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
It should be GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and BST (British Summer Time) (GMT+1) in the summer however GMT and UTC are the same time since we in the UK got to set where the meridian was and UTC picked up the same meridian.

That doesn't explain the hour difference in the alarm UI though. Maybe it is working in CET whereas the back end is UTC.
Guess I oversimplified and made matters worse. Right now the UK is at UTC and phone is set to UK, London. The pictures posted earlier by Bockersjv are exactly what I experience
Jolla #272

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
On Harmattan, yes. On Sailfish, no. As you can see on SailfishOS only 9 open apps at once.
Is there no workaround/modification to get around Jolla's 9 open app limit? it seems a limitation caused by the UI more than anything.

Originally Posted by prosetheus View Post
Is there no workaround/modification to get around Jolla's 9 open app limit? it seems a limitation caused by the UI more than anything.
Once again: the applications remain open, they just don't appear on that screen. There is no workaround that I know of, but then again you don't want to be scrolling down forever, right?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
From another thread, and this thread was suggested by jalyst

-------------------------SNIP-----------------------------
Is there a possibility to create forlders for downloaded apps? Meaning like create folder "Games" and move all the games to the folder.

EDIT1: and is there a way to turn off the notification light on the front of the phone. The one that changes color, blinks, or stays on with certain events.

EDIT2: Is there a possibility to change the background image after an ambience is created? Or customise the colors? I get a sucky brown/orange theme when I use my dark and gloomy background to create ambience. It is not supposed to be cheery and poppy, but rather mellow and plain and dark. ARGH!

Tried to search the manual and web, but nothing on this.

-------------------------SNAP-----------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to jalundan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Once again: the applications remain open, they just don't appear on that screen. There is no workaround that I know of, but then again you don't want to be scrolling down forever, right?
Also if youi long press on the screen so you can close selected apps you get a chance to view more than 9 (not sure what the limit is though). Also bear in mind that if you open one of the minimised apps and Jolla puts it to the top of the multitasks screen. So the ones that have slipped out of view are those you have probably not been using.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalundan View Post
From another thread, and this thread was suggested by jalyst

-------------------------SNIP-----------------------------
Is there a possibility to create forlders for downloaded apps? Meaning like create folder "Games" and move all the games to the folder.
No not at present

EDIT1: and is there a way to turn off the notification light on the front of the phone. The one that changes color, blinks, or stays on with certain events.
Turn the phone over? The light shows different colours for different events and is something th N9 was missing.

EDIT2: Is there a possibility to change the background image after an ambience is created? Or customise the colors? I get a sucky brown/orange theme when I use my dark and gloomy background to create ambience. It is not supposed to be cheery and poppy, but rather mellow and plain and dark. ARGH!

Tried to search the manual and web, but nothing on this.

-------------------------SNAP-----------------------------
Chose a bright picture and make an ambience from it, or make your own single bright colour jpg and use that.

I love the stock grassroots colours.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience