Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
As some of you have noticed, there have been a few problems with an update to libsdl-ttf.2.0-0. You can see the full thread here

Although I have been able to solve the dependency hell, now I can't execute any pygame application like Destroids, Maelophone and Maesinth. This is the traceback reported after trying to execute any of this manually:

Code:
~ $ python /opt/maesynth/maesynth.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/maesynth/maesynth.py", line 6, in <module>
from soundstub import MainWindow
File "/opt/maesynth/soundstub.py", line 7, in <module>
from pygame import mixer, init as pginit, error as pgerror, get_error as pgget_error
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 254, in <module>
try: import pygame.sndarray
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/sndarray.py", line 66, in <module>
import pygame._numpysndarray as numpysnd
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/_numpysndarray.py", line 38, in <module>
import numpy
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 132, in <module>
import add_newdocs
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
from lib import add_newdoc
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from polynomial import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/lib/polynomial.py", line 11, in <module>
import numpy.core.numeric as NX
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'core'
The package python-pygame is installed and apt reports that there are no broken packages any more.

Is there any Python hacker out there who knows how to solve the problem?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Reflashed my phone today and installed python again, and I have the same problem with pygame.

Any news on this subject?

I resolved the problem. It is not an error of python-pygame but of python-numpy. The same error occurs on fedora linux (here and here). Numpy has been ported to maemo and as mentioned in this thread some symbolic links must be created manualy after installation. It seems that for some reasons these links are not created (anymore?) during the installation process.

Try this in a terminal:
# root
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libblas.so.3gf libblas.so
# ln -s liblapack.so.3gf liblapack.so

That solved the problem for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zeitlichkeit For This Useful Post:
Wow it worked!

Thank you very much.

Hello
I would like to use Maesynth but I have no idea how. I can see that I have to put this lines:
# root
# cd /usr/lib
# ln -s libblas.so.3gf libblas.so
# ln -s liblapack.so.3gf liblapack.so
in the Terminal and then what? Enter or something else? What? What else? Just those lines? It is not working. Please guys can you tell me how to do that step by step please? Thank you.