Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Yeah I remember, but I haven't seen in the protocol how it works. I guess I'll implement it eventually

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You REALLY use Yappari and you are REALLY stressing it! You have around 50 open chats! Your sinchronization data is around 100 KB you must have thousand of contacts.

WhatsApp disconnects you because when you synchronize I guess the servers think you're spamming them with too much data.

I'd have to think about a workaround for that...
here's a possible solution.
monitor addressbook and only sync what has changed since last time sync was requested. this might even lead to instant sync if addressbook alerts program what contact has changed and how.

Originally Posted by knarf View Post
here's a possible solution.
monitor addressbook and only sync what has changed since last time sync was requested. this might even lead to instant sync if addressbook alerts program what contact has changed and how.
It actually is like that and has always been.

EDIT: Synchronization is not only address book synchronization. Synchronization is also status and profile pictures synchronization.

Anyway I found the bug where some people were getting some weird disconnects (Connection error). It is fixed in 0.0.34.

The problem is that after the servers sent the size of a new PDU Yappari only waited 1 second for it. People with slow connections would see this connection error randomly, and more frequently in syncs.

EDIT: if you see something like this in your log:
Code:
>> 80####
Example:
Code:
>> 80bc23
And then a disconnect immediately after that then you are hitting this bug.

Most people should never get these problems.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-05-21 at 02:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ MUMBAI, INDIA
Dear scorpius, first of all a big thanx for yappari.
Problem in 0.0.33 i am facing is that, while uploading pictures taken from n900 camera...it takes lot of time for uploading! it uploads whole picture size! for eg. if pic is of 800kb, then yappari takes full 800kb uploading time. so it becomes very irritating. This was not issue in 0.0.30! so pls look forward to it in next update.
The problem is only with n900 camera taken pictures & other big size photos. Whereas videos gets instantly uploaded..
Once again thanx for Yappari!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Montevideo, Uruguay
Originally Posted by dirk_jansen View Post
After update 0.0.30 I am having the exact same problem. Specialy when i'm using 3G, the sim is failing verry often.
I'm not sure if Yappari is the couse of the sim failiure. Are there more people who are having the same problem?

Hello !! Yappari works great for me.
But I still have the same problem whit the sim card.. It began when installed Yappari, I don't think it's a coincidence.

Aqui me contestaron que seguramente haya sido una coincidencia cuando comenzo a funcionar mal y fue justo cuando lo instale, yo no lo creo asi... Si alguien mas tiene o tuvo el mismo problema que lo haga saber, y si hay una solucion mejor !! Sino en breve creo que lo voy a flashear porque no puedo ni hablar, se me cortan las llamadas cada dos minutos !!

Muchas gracias.-

The Following User Says Thank You to christatun For This Useful Post:
thanks for the great update, its like yappari matured over night!!

one small cosmetic bug i noticed is that when deleting a chat or viewing a profile from the open chats list, results in the "logged in" status disappearing from the left bottom corner.

everything else is working fine here! thanks again!

Last edited by master nightmare; 2013-05-21 at 14:15.

Originally Posted by rohanacharekar View Post
Dear scorpius, first of all a big thanx for yappari.
Problem in 0.0.33 i am facing is that, while uploading pictures taken from n900 camera...it takes lot of time for uploading! it uploads whole picture size! for eg. if pic is of 800kb, then yappari takes full 800kb uploading time. so it becomes very irritating. This was not issue in 0.0.30! so pls look forward to it in next update.
The problem is only with n900 camera taken pictures & other big size photos. Whereas videos gets instantly uploaded..
Once again thanx for Yappari!
Yappari has never resized/compressed images, not in 0.0.30 and not before.

It's funny that you say videos gets uploaded instantly when videos are around 10 MB (at least my videos).

The difference between 0.0.30 and 0.0.32/33 is that 0.0.30 had a bug in the upload progress bar, going instantly to 100% without uploading anything and then showed the "Please wait" message during the real upload. Maybe that's what confused you.

Originally Posted by master nightmare View Post
thanks for the great update, its like yappari matured over night!!

one small cosmetic bug i noticed is that when deleting a chat or viewing a profile from the open chats list, results in the "logged in" status disappearing from the left bottom corner.

everything else is working fine here! thanks again!
This is a sad Qt bug, so I implemented a "dirty" workaround: Before calling the context menu (the little menu with View Contact and Delete Chat) I save the current status message; after the option is selected I show the message again.

You should notice that it also happens when selecting "Delete Chat" as well.

So it's "fixed" in 0.0.34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I guess I need to see the log. Send me your log is located in /home/user/.config/yappari.log
I found the log folder but,when i try uploading it,i always recieve and error message.Pls give me your email let me send it to you through mail.

Originally Posted by Bosco2013 View Post
I found the log folder but,when i try uploading it,i always recieve and error message.Pls give me your email let me send it to you through mail.
It's a file not a folder. You can read my email address if you press Donate in Yappari (no you don't have to donate).

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp