Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
I have a dilemma that i can't seem to resolve.....i had the TVC player installed which was working fine until recently it kept saying invalid playlists...i have also been getting alarmed cannot be updated due to conflicts......i am also getting an error with the application list which only partially refreshes some catalogues and states that some are unavailable check catalogue for details....this i have to resolve via a few reboots.....i then decided to uninstall TVC player but now i cannot re-install as i get this error message:
problems:

pyside-qt-core(<0.4.2_1maemo8)
pyside-qt-GUI(<0.4.2_1maemo8)

any help to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

thanks.

neo.

Last edited by neotalk; 2011-03-23 at 20:15.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
sorry to bump this but can anyone help with the above please!.

thanks.

neo.

can anyone help me to get tvc re_installed back please?

3rd bump on this conflict....anyone got any ideas?

if no reply then i guess another re- flash is needed....i would prefer not to but if no-one has suggestions then i have no option.

any help would be appreciated.

I think you may have more than one separate problems.

I had the same error with alarmed updates. I removed tvcplayer, ran "sudo apt-get autoremove" from the command line, and re-installed tvcplayer, and this got rid of that problem.

With the playlist error, could you copy and paste the first lines of the terminal output (assuming the terminal stays open long enough)? Note that if you press Ctrl+S, the terminal freezes so that you have time to copy the text.

The problem with partial refresh of catalogues is probably not related to tvcplayer.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Originally Posted by arajantie View Post
I think you may have more than one separate problems.
Talking of separate problems - I can't install some other apps that use pyside because tvcplayer still relies on the old conflicting pyside packages. In particular I'd like to install Khweeteur from extras-testing but it conflicts with pyside-qt4-maemo5 (<0.4.2-1maemo8).

According to the Khweeteur author, the newer equivalent package is python-pyside.qtmaemo5 (details at: http://talk.maemo.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=977142 ).

Any chance of a new tvcplayer package which depends on the newer pyside packages?

Tags
bestthreadever