the bar can als be on the small side.
for example the phone app is using it.
Oh yeah.. non-fullscreen portrait mode. Didn't think of that. You're right

Really looking forward to seeing any progress made on this project

Hey!

Originally Posted by cb00 View Post
Really looking forward to seeing any progress made on this project
Hmm... it seems to have moved from you guys porting it, to me porting it

That's not a problem, except a) I've never done any Maemo work before, so I'd be going from scratch, and b) I don't have a Maemo device to test on.

I don't mind how it's done; I can just provide the extra minigame as Objective C for someone else to port if you like.

Paul

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by hudzilla View Post
Hmm... it seems to have moved from you guys porting it, to me porting it

That's not a problem, except a) I've never done any Maemo work before, so I'd be going from scratch, and b) I don't have a Maemo device to test on.
The problem is that most of the N900 users never programmed anything in their life. I did but nothing in C, C++ or any other C variant. That makes it hard for most of us to do the porting work.

There are a lot of graphics artists on the forum that would love to help you with new graphics for it though.

There is a Maemo emulator available that should be sufficient to test it on.

I'm pretty sure you can make a lot of people happy with a Maemo port. My girlfriend is one of them

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
All i know about Obj-C is this:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Yah probably, I forgot that this language* exists , but you can also write C or C++ OpenGL code that will run in the iPhone (xcode will do the required translation).

* "When you see Objective-C code for the first time in your life, your stomach will turn and your eyes won't know where to look and you will feel dizzy."

I think you'll find a taker on this project eventually if you're not in a position to do it.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Ok, some updates here:

I was able to compile the game in Scratchbox for the FREMANTLE_ARMEL target by using SDL 1.3 and replacing "SDL_opengl.h" by "SDL_opengles.h" in the #include directives and doing some minor fixes (glOrthof instead of glOrtho, ...).

I also replaced the SDL_SetVideoMode call with corresponding calls to SDL_SelectVideoDisplay, SDL_CreateWindow, SDL_GL_CreateContext and SDL_GL_MakeCurrent.

The only problem that I have now is that the SDL 1.3 in Extras-Devel does not seem to have OpenGL support:

Code:
No OpenGL support in video driver
Seems like libsdl1.3 is not compiled with OpenGL ES support. Digging into the libsdl1.3 source, the functionality could be put in there when using the "Makefile.pandora" makefile for building libsdl1.3, but there's probably a good reason why the packager has not done this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The only problem that I have now is that the SDL 1.3 in Extras-Devel does not seem to have OpenGL support:

Code:
No OpenGL support in video driver
Seems like libsdl1.3 is not compiled with OpenGL ES support. Digging into the libsdl1.3 source, the functionality could be put in there when using the "Makefile.pandora" makefile for building libsdl1.3, but there's probably a good reason why the packager has not done this.
Nice job on that.

What about using SDL-GLES? I read that SDL1.3 hasn't really shaped up in Fremantle. I also recall there being two or three different versions of it in the repo, but maybe i was just confused.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
I actually would be interested enough in porting this to take a shot at it. Regarding the Objective-C port, you are aware that you can compile and run Objective-C on linux, right? After all, Apple uses the gcc toolset. With gnustep, you have a pretty decent environment. I think it would be delightful to get ObjC bindings for a gui, then have a iPhone->Maemo porting guide. But that's another topic...

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
What about using SDL-GLES? I read that SDL1.3 hasn't really shaped up in Fremantle. I also recall there being two or three different versions of it in the repo, but maybe i was just confused.
Oh, yeah - it works with that after some more code modifications. The problem now is that it does not seem to pick up the pixel data from the textures, but the game itself already works

Tadaa!

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: