Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
I'm trying to port FreeSynd (reimplementation of engine for the classic Bullfrog game, Syndicate).
Freesynd depends on various SDL libraries: libSDL-1.2, libSDL_mixer, libSDL_image; the last two seem to be outdated in the maemo repos, so I managed to compile the game commenting some lines of code, the game runs but it is unstable, is someone interested in helping with this?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Search the forum for sdlmixer, Aapo started a thread, though it was mostly about not playing ogg and such and only mp3, error I'm getting atm:
error: ‘Mix_LoadMUS_RW’ was not declared in this scope
There also is sdl1.3 package in repos, have you tried it? (gave me quite a lot of errors when compiling with 1.2 went ok, some time ago, not sure if this is good advice, but trying won't hurt)

There are newer sdlmixer, libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev

I made for testing purpose newer sdl-image (1.2.10), not yet sure how it should be renamed so it can be installed parallel with old version (as there might be some differences).

Download debs: http://cc.oulu.fi/~rantalai/maemo5/

Code:
apt-cache policy libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev:
  Installed: 1.2.8-6maemo4
libsdl-image1.2-dev:
  Installed: 1.2.10-2.1
Code:
wget Freesynd-0.6
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
There were lots of warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
Give this link to upstream: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/faqs/signedchar.php

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
kudos
edit: if you can think of a way/script to perform testing if they are backwards compatible, count me in

Aapo: just so you know Gigalomania fell prey to newer mixer (also couple of webos games sadly)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
You can also use libsdl-mixeroggwav1.2-dev instead of libsdl-mixer1.2-dev.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Aapo: just so you know Gigalomania fell prey to newer mixer (also couple of webos games sadly)
No sound? Or crash?

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
There are newer sdlmixer, libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev

I made for testing purpose newer sdl-image (1.2.10), not yet sure how it should be renamed so it can be installed parallel with old version (as there might be some differences).

Download debs: http://cc.oulu.fi/~rantalai/maemo5/

Code:
apt-cache policy libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev:
  Installed: 1.2.8-6maemo4
libsdl-image1.2-dev:
  Installed: 1.2.10-2.1
Code:
wget Freesynd-0.6
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
There were lots of warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
Give this link to upstream: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/faqs/signedchar.php
Thanks!, it compiles with those libs, but when I try to build the deb package it fails with:
Code:
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0 (used by debian/freesynd/usr/local/bin/freesynd).
dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/freesynd.substvars debian/freesynd/opt/freesynd/freesynd debian/freesynd/usr/local/bin/freesynd returned exit code 2
I think this is because of the package name.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Disabling test-data made it run for me, sound intro mission choosing all works (not sure how to shoot yet), ctrl-c resulted in a megahalt though. Battery-forced reboot required. Very good-looking (especially as this game rocked)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Disabling test-data made it run for me, sound intro mission choosing all works (not sure how to shoot yet), ctrl-c resulted in a megahalt though. Battery-forced reboot required. Very good-looking (especially as this game rocked)
It shoots with right mouse button, I'll try to emulate this holding a key.