I was hoping someone could help me get my two new iMpulse controllers working with my n900.

Here's the site for those wondering what they are,

http://impulsecontroller.com/

also the user guide,

http://impulsecontroller.com/tour/TheTour_P1.html

Basically they are just wireless blue-tooth controllers which use a keyboard layout (afaik) to send input.

I can pair the device to my n900 but the impulse controller seems to go into lock mode and has no interaction with the n900 beyond the pairing. The n900 sees it as a peripheral.

I've used my six axis as a controller with my n900 before so I have some experience with something similar. Perhaps I simply need an already existing application? Or perhaps one would need to be coded?

Anyone more knowledgeable than me in this topic who could enlighten me as to my chances of getting my new controllers working with my n900 would have my thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to AnAnarchist For This Useful Post:
UPDATE

I've made some good progress tonight. I installed External Keyboard Support - extkbd (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65577) and I it recognizes the iMpulse as a keyboard.

I can pair / unpair at will with the iMpulse user button as it describes in the manual.

When I open notepad on the n900 and press buttons on the iMpulse they are recognized as the keys they should be

At that point I thought everything was 100% fixed!

But alas although I can map the keys with the iMpulse in drnoksnes, when I attempt to play a game the n900 (or maybe just drnoksnes) doesn't react to the button presses on the iMpulse.

Are there any known issues with drnoksnes and bluetooth keyboards using extkbd?

Hm, no idea... Could you try it with gpSP from extras-devel? I don't see any reason why (even fancy named) 8-keys bluetooth keyboard that works in some parts of Maemo, should fail on others (excluding things like ED, that need different mapping).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hm, no idea... Could you try it with gpSP from extras-devel? I don't see any reason why (even fancy named) 8-keys bluetooth keyboard that works in some parts of Maemo, should fail on others (excluding things like ED, that need different mapping).

/Estel
I installed gpsp popped on a few roms and lo and behold the iMpulse works fully with this emulator

Must be an issue with drnocsnes or maybe my setup.. I'll try reinstalling drnocsnes see how that goes.

Originally Posted by AnAnarchist View Post
I installed gpsp popped on a few roms and lo and behold the iMpulse works fully with this emulator

Must be an issue with drnocsnes or maybe my setup.. I'll try reinstalling drnocsnes see how that goes.
Well the reinstall of the emulator didn't help but it remebered my settings so I guess there is a settings file which was never deleted.

Out of curiosity, anyone ever try using a bluetooth keyboard with drnocsnes using extkbd? Maybe theres some incompatibility there.

Been fiddling around more with this trying all sorts and this is my best theory as to why it's not working...

I noticed that the inputs via bluetooth keyboard don't always work when you would expect the n900's own keyboard to work. The best example of this is the when someone txts you and you bring up the message via the change window icon in the top left.

With the n900's keyboard you can type right away without any more interaction. If you try the bluetooth keyboard however it doesn't work until you tap on the txt field on the screen, only after that tap can you input txt via the bluetooth keyboard.

My theory regarding the issues I'm having with drnoksnes and my controllers (mini keyboards essentially) is that drnoksnes isn't raising itself to the top or how do i say this... isn't grabbing the bluetooth keyboards attention.

It's only a theory and it seems odd that other bluetooth devices work with drnoksnes... I'd love to speak with the developer or just anyone who's experienced with drnoksnes and bluetooth keyboards on the n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnAnarchist For This Useful Post: