so here is the thing, my N900 stopped vibrating whether when i touch the screen or when recieving calls. i really dunno what happened, it fell 4 me once but it was fine and all of a sudden it stopped making vibrations so any idea how to restore the vibration?!

P.S: i checked the settings and the vibration is set on ON and i rebooted it several times and still no use :S

PLZ HELP

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Can you try the suggestions here?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51280&page=2
It worked for me and the guy who asked about it.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by Limo View Post
so here is the thing, my N900 stopped vibrating whether when i touch the screen or when recieving calls. i really dunno what happened, it fell 4 me once but it was fine and all of a sudden it stopped making vibrations so any idea how to restore the vibration?!

P.S: i checked the settings and the vibration is set on ON and i rebooted it several times and still no use :S

PLZ HELP
Try to install "health check" .you can find it on extra repos.. then try to check there if the vibrator is really not working.

mohammad thank u for ur answer but there is one thing is that when i wrote this in the terminal "com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activa te" it returned not found so what should i do??

chase 15 thank u, i installed the application but when i clicked test vibrate nothing happened? so what shall i do?!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
mohammad thank u for ur answer but there is one thing is that when i wrote this in the terminal "com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activa te" it returned not found so what should i do??

chase 15 thank u, i installed the application but when i clicked test vibrate nothing happened? so what shall i do?!
Browse to the page on the N900 and copy the code, you might've missed something while typing

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
ok i re-wrote the code again ...& i recieved the following:

"method return sender=:1.4 -> dest=1.213 reply_serial=2"

so what should i do again? ...sorry for disturbing!

could re-installing the software help?!

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
did you updated to power kernel .28 today?

Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
did you updated to power kernel .28 today?
no, i don't even know what that is

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
no, i don't even know what that is
did you overclocked your n900?

Tags
vibrator