Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Saudi Arabia
Hey friends i just wanted to know if possibly i can install Meego Harmattan of my N9 in Nokia 700 (symbian belle)....

If yes can you friends please tell me the procedure..ty ty

The Following User Says Thank You to zeeshanahad For This Useful Post:
Afaik is not possible

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
This is madness!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
This is madness!!!
yes i want to ruin my fone with this madness...if its successful then this madness worth it...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, just for starters, consider your target device (the 700). It has totally different HW, of which you propably know nothing about.

How are you going to write drivers for it without specs? (it's closed HW, no sources, no datasheets, no schematics on how the cips are wired together...)

Even to get just barebones kernel (just a serial console, or maybe not even that) running on it is tricky as the bootloader is secured. You would first need to find a bug that can be escalated to system breach and feed your bootloader through that.

Just forget it.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, just for starters, consider your target device (the 700). It has totally different HW, of which you propably know nothing about.

How are you going to write drivers for it without specs? (it's closed HW, no sources, no datasheets, no schematics on how the cips are wired together...)

Even to get just barebones kernel (just a serial console, or maybe not even that) running on it is tricky as the bootloader is secured. You would first need to find a bug that can be escalated to system breach and feed your bootloader through that.

Just forget it.
hahahaha thats nice of you to tell all that...

i knew my madness is of no use now...:P