Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I didn't open up my Jolla Tablet but regarding this reviewjolla.blogspot.de post the Jolla Tablets were shipped with the v4.0 motherboard.
In that case, the bad battery life of the Jolla tablet has some other cause, and that cause may affect the new Youyota tablet too. If it is a software issue, perhaps Jolla can investigate and fix it, that would help both the original tablet and this updated one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
In that case, the bad battery life of the Jolla tablet has some other cause, and that cause may affect the new Youyota tablet too. If it is a software issue, perhaps Jolla can investigate and fix it, that would help both the original tablet and this updated one.
Many reported that their battery life worsened once they installed Android Support. Personally, I think the problem is elsewhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I didn't open up my Jolla Tablet but regarding the Jolla Tablets were shipped with the v4.0 motherboard.
I've not opened up the Jolla tablet either, and don't have dmidecode available - but the contents of /sys/class/dmi/id don't shed any light unfortunately;
./product_name BayTrail Platform
./board_vendor Intel Corp.
./board_version FAB1

I assume it's just been printed on the motherboard someplace!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
It might help to fix the screen brightness (it's far too brightt even at the lowest settings). So one change might fix two issues.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I don't use my jolla tablet alot but I never noticed bad battery life. Maybe cause I use android too much... lol. But what would be a good measure of bad battery life I can try. For example, with a fully charged tablet how much SOT are you getting? Maybe other measure? Thanks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
... Maybe other measure? Thanks.
If we could agree on a fixed test scenario many owners can contribute and maybe narrow the root of the problem?
Or is the drain already clearly identified as networking related?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
If we could agree on a fixed test scenario many owners can contribute and maybe narrow the root of the problem?
Guys,
Given that no one has a tablet yet indicates that your hunt for the issue is pretty much irrelevant right now

Stop hunting ghosts...

Who you gonna call?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I don't use my jolla tablet alot but I never noticed bad battery life. Maybe cause I use android too much... lol. But what would be a good measure of bad battery life I can try. For example, with a fully charged tablet how much SOT are you getting? Maybe other measure? Thanks.
I've repeated this over many posts so my apologies for those who have to read it again.

Comparing the Jolla tablet to a six year old Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has constantly been on since the very beginning):
Situation 1: airplane mode on, tablet on but completely unused, no applications running
- Jolla tablet: about 3-4 days, if you're lucky.
- old Android tablet: several months, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. I charged it on 20 June, which is now a little under three weeks ago. Only used it for twenty minutes after taking it off the charger, haven't done anything with it since. Just checked the battery level: 89% (no typos: eighty nine percent!).

Situation 2: airplane mode off, Wi-Fi on, tablet unused with a couple of applications and background services (email accounts etc) running
- Jolla tablet: 2 days.
- old Android tablet: it's been a while since I used it this way, but from what I remember it lasts about 2 weeks.

Situation 3: tablet in constant use
- Jolla tablet: actually longer than you would expect based on the other numbers, about 6-8 hours (although this depends heavily on the sort of applications in use, as playing an intensive game or watching hi-res video will drain the battery a lot faster than surfing TMO, for example).
- old Android tablet: about 10 hours (again depending heavily on what you're doing).

Finally, the battery capacities compared:
- Jolla tablet: Li-Ion 4450 mAh
- old Android tablet: Li-Po 7000 mAh (keep in mind the actual current capacity is probably not even half that anymore)

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
No. It's likely part of the problem, but as airplane mode drain indicates, it's certainly not the only thing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I've repeated this over many posts so my apologies for those who have to read it again.

Comparing the Jolla tablet to a six year old Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has constantly been on since the very beginning):
Situation 1: airplane mode on, tablet on but completely unused, no applications running
- Jolla tablet: about 3-4 days, if you're lucky.
- old Android tablet: several months, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. I charged it on 20 June, which is now a little under three weeks ago. Only used it for twenty minutes after taking it off the charger, haven't done anything with it since. Just checked the battery level: 89% (no typos: eighty nine percent!).

Situation 2: airplane mode off, Wi-Fi on, tablet unused with a couple of applications and background services (email accounts etc) running
- Jolla tablet: 2 days.
- old Android tablet: it's been a while since I used it this way, but from what I remember it lasts about 2 weeks.

Situation 3: tablet in constant use
- Jolla tablet: actually longer than you would expect based on the other numbers, about 6-8 hours (although this depends heavily on the sort of applications in use, as playing an intensive game or watching hi-res video will drain the battery a lot faster than surfing TMO, for example)
- old Android tablet: about 10 hours (again depending heavily on what you're doing)

Finally, the battery capacities compared:
- Jolla tablet: Li-Ion 4450 mAh
- old Android tablet: Li-Po 7000 mAh (keep in mind the actual current capacity is probably not even half that anymore)
I can confirm similar battery usage behavior for my Tablet, so it's not an on-off.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os