Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
i'm sure someone will do some tracking find out who had that device last lol
I am sure they will give him a bonus too! The leak has permeated both the major and minor news feeds and seems to be looked upon favorably!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just tweeted that this leak was a very good thing for Nokia. It shows enough that they're moving forward, it doesn't tip their whole hand yet - read: MeeGo wasn't shown off at too early a stage.

I'm not a fan of the form, but I know good hype when I see it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Btw the N9 will be using totally new battery from Nokia that's 3,8 volts rather than the 3,7V seen on every other phone.

Can that give hint about the CPU or maybe increase the battery life? Or it doesn't mean anything?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
This may give a rough idea of the sliding lock mechanism and its relation in size to other devices as I believe the dimensions will be similar:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/n...one-4-and-evo/

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
In my opinion such a huge Spacebar is wasted space. In my opinion a Spacebar as big as a single button is enought. Perhaps they could have a single Button Spacebar for the skandinavian and most european keyboard layouts to get 2 additional buttons.

Having 4 seperated coursor keys are more important than a 3 buttons long space bar.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Btw the N9 will be using totally new battery from Nokia that's 3,8 volts rather than the 3,7V seen on every other phone.

Can that give hint about the CPU or maybe increase the battery life? Or it doesn't mean anything?
I think it will still charge to 4.2volts when full or maximum of 4.25v. So the rating wont make much difference. Seriously this phone looks very good and more importantly it looks very solid! 4" screen also sounds excellent. Its going to be a tough decision wether I want to change my N900 to N9 when its released.

I wonder how much we can OC this thing as it has aluminum frame?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Seems to me they have (partially) fixed the weak USB port.

If you look at this picture and that one, it seems they are using through-hole instead of surface-mount. Now we have to see how it fare in real life.

Where are the stereo speakers ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
people are saying if you zoom on the back cover pictures and sharpen picture it reads 12mpx

the top picture in this link looks like a 12 without zooming by just clicking on it, if someone could try zoom and sharpen and let us know would be cool

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=855903283

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-19 at 20:26.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mandor View Post
Where are the stereo speakers ?
The 6 pads below the usb connector.

Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
I'm puzzled what you want in the end:

- DRM supported -> not open enough

- DRM disabled because you reflashed a custom image -> bad as well

Supporting DRM doesn't make anything less open - it means you have a feature you can use if you want. If you don't want to use the drm feature, live like you lived with N900.

Trust me, having DRM / trusted platform enabler will mean more software to be available for the device, with zero damage to open ecosystem. Unless you count pirates as part of open ecosystem...
I want a system where I can use any app I buy but modify my device to suit my liking. I don't want a situation where I have to choose between using my DRMed apps or modifying a system component.

So basically it depends on how invasive the DRM is. Sadly most companies choose the overload on DRM in a futile attempt to try to block any an all piracy (and then the DRM gets circumvented and the legitimate users get shafted as a result while the pirates can do whatever they want..IE they are the winners in the entire situation).

If it's an invasive DRM system, I'll be rooting for the pirates. Because that'll be the only way for me to modify the system to my liking and still use the (once) DRMed apps.

Originally Posted by wotevah View Post
It would be nice if it were that way, but that is not how DRM works. It's not a "feature" that you can just ignore or use at your will. In most cases, DRM needs to "infect" the whole system and requires a closed platform. If the platform is open, one can snoop, circumvent or override the "protection", so in order for DRM to work, the control of the platform must be taken from the user.

I remember when Vista first came out and it would degrade DVD playback quality on early HDTVs and monitors, because they were "not trusted". That was an early warning of what DRM is poised to do for those that keep ignoring its pervasive nature.

"Trusted Platform" affects the open ecosystem because it takes control from the user. The manufacturer (or an assignee thereof) has ultimate control of your device and can prevent you from using it in ways they do not approve of. A corporation, not YOU, has control over what software can be made and installed on your device. Nuff said.
Thank You. That's exactly my concern.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:

Tags
design, nokia n9