Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Besides, this forum could use a make over. I mean, seriously, gray and orange? This is place is so 1990.
You missed the theming options in your account's presets
Not to say 'classic light' is any less 90s than 'talk.maemo.org' theme
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE 90S OR ORANGE?
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-12-03 at 08:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
An alternative idea would be a client for chatroulette.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
hi community friends, is it possible to develop an application that helps to find people close to me that want make sex?
maybe and application that uses gps and/or cell info to help match people close to me that, like me, looking for sex (using same application).
I'm waiting for it! (possibly asap!! :P)
An application like that would be really easy: just do a rudimentary website which can be used from PCs, do an API that clients can use, and do a simple client for N900. That way you wouldn't be restricted to just N900 owners but could potentially find anyone with a PC. Then just whip up a sleek image viewer as part of the client and a simple way of uploading yours and POOF, you're good to go.

However, while coding such an application is a really easy task -- hell, even I could do it -- the need for such an application..well, let's just say that it doesn't really say anything positive about you if you need such! The first three words that come to my mind are: "desperate", "uninteresting" and "male."

It probably is needless to say that atleast I would not use such an application. While I am kinky in bedroom, like I love bondage and am willing to try almost anything, I've never had one-night stands. I find such behaviour degrading, humiliating, and I simply cannot respect people doing such.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Hmm let's think the use-cases:
- Males, any preference: 100% of singles and 33% of non-singles (if it's anonymous enough) would have the "male seeking sex with [preference]" flag on all the time.
- Females, homosexual: 100% of singles and 33% of non-singles (if it's anonymous enough) would have the "female seeking sex with female" flag on all the time.
- Females, heterosexual: 1% would have the "female seeking sex with [random]" flag on, and 99% of those by accident/joke by their friends, as they know that 100% of single and 33% non-single man they see wouldn't mind having sex with them anyway.

Seriously (if that was not serious enough), go ahead, but might be a good idea to make it a bit more general like adding choices like "going to a movie", "taking a beer" etc, so the original wish would be just one choice.

at the end of a shitty friday at work, in a cranky mood, this thread just is just a priceless bit of funnay, lmao, :P

The Following User Says Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
you can find sex about 1 inch away from that n900 in your pocket.
Doesn't it make you worry what will happen to you testicles, prostate, ovaries and other lower located organs, that you have 12 hours a day GRPS/3G-radiation source just "1 inch away"?

They have studied about brains and (old talk only) cellular devices, but not studied having Facebook-, whether-, misc-connections active 12/7.
More battery power we'll get, more data-connections we'll keep,more radiation we will send near our bodies during the lifetime.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
This thread is not relevant to me! I've found that since getting the N900 I no longer need sex. :-)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Doesn't it make you worry what will happen to you testicles, prostate, ovaries and other lower located organs, that you have 12 hours a day GRPS/3G-radiation source just "1 inch away"?
This is a poor thread to discuss such, but really, even TV-signals are stronger than those emitted by cellular phones. You get more radiation daily from all the devices around you and from the air -- WiFi, TV, radio, et. al. -- than from a cell phone. Of course one could argue that it all accumulates over time, but then again, even with accumulation there's still things that do effect you worse yet you still do them: drink alcohol, smoke, sit in front of the computer all day without enough excercise.. Considering that a cell phone in the pocket seems like a non-issue to me.

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Originally Posted by zimon View Post

They have studied about brains and (old talk only) cellular devices, but not studied having Facebook-, whether-, misc-connections active 12/7.
More battery power we'll get, more data-connections we'll keep,more radiation we will send near our bodies during the lifetime.
one more reason to make sex as much as possible!!!

Tags
desperate, gimme some, happy ending, high five!, i like, it is nice, italians, master debater, meego long time, sexy time