Posts: 32 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Crow's Nest, Souvereignty of Faerie Fae
OT but scnr:

Why oh why do I get the feeling that the amount of success of this campaign is closely related to the Backer Frustration Experience <TM> created by Jolla?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indie carmayne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by indie carmayne View Post
OT but scnr:

Why oh why do I get the feeling that the amount of success of this campaign is closely related to the Backer Frustration Experience <TM> created by Jolla?
I think it's related to that there is an oooold saying in Tennessee, I know it is in Texas, probably in Tennessee...

At the same time it can still be plenty of success in this project if tablets will be shipped, but jollas action with tablet project and lately the absence of full refund will undoubtedly affect number of backers which of course is excepted and shouldn't be a surprise for anyone.

Hope for the best, expect the worst...GO CHEN!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-09 at 16:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Can you confirm which version has this problem? The one we are currently using is Rev 4.0. Thank you!
Rev. 4.0 should be ok

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Why not? Can't be a big deal imho. Open Pandora or IndieGo! Console can both boot from sd card; they are based on Linux operating systems, Super Zaxxon/IndieGo! OS respectively. The predecessor to the Open Pandora (600 MHz + 1 Ghz variants), the upcoming Dragonbox Pyra by Evil Dragon/Michael Mrozek, will be able to boot from one of the two sdxc card slots, too.

As long as you can specify a device type like usb stick, sd card, external hd or NAS drive to boot from and you can secify the boot device order it should be possible, no?
It's often the case with Bay Trail-based tablets that UEFI firmware used can't access SD card due to lacking drivers or them not working properly. As workaround you can put kernel/bootloader to internal EFI partition, but have rootfs on SD card if needed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
It's often the case with Bay Trail-based tablets that UEFI firmware used can't access SD card due to lacking drivers or them not working properly. As workaround you can put kernel/bootloader to internal EFI partition, but have rootfs on SD card if needed.
Or load rEFInd (boot manager) and have it load the right drivers and then boot from SD card.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
chenliangchen, check please HW revision of motherboard. Dev guys says there is a problem in earlier revisions causing touchscreen IRQ controller to drain battery.
Can you confirm which version has this problem? The one we are currently using is Rev 4.0. Thank you!
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Rev. 4.0 should be ok
Just to clarify, do you think this is the reason the Jolla tablet is reported to have such bad battery life?

If so, that's great news that we shouldn't be affected, in a way it's a shame it isn't a software fix though (for the few people who already own Jolla tablets).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
It has been cancelled for now... But if initial WiFi all goes well we will consider putting that back (but seems there is not much usage with the 3G modem)
3G modem = can be used as phone too? if that would be the case that would make all the difference to me!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
3G modem = can be used as phone too? if that would be the case that would make all the difference to me!
Will not happen!
3G was not originally supported and adding the module would cause delays and uncertainty regarding compatibility of software updates and battery life.

Tethering or community developed usb-otg will be the options for mobile internet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Because Dave99 would not stop bringing it up at every opportunity. Or even without any opportunity at all. He is hell-bent on spoiling every topic with his irrelevant drivel.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Just to clarify, do you think this is the reason the Jolla tablet is reported to have such bad battery life?.
I didn't open up my Jolla Tablet but regarding this reviewjolla.blogspot.de post the Jolla Tablets were shipped with the v4.0 motherboard.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os