Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I meant general Linux games, Doom etc.
That is the trouble with Linux. There is no such thing as a "general Linux application".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
anyone heard anything about the missing lastu cases. Asked jolla but nothing so far. As usuall at jolla.toghter.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
anyone heard anything about the missing lastu cases. Asked jolla but nothing so far. As usuall at jolla.toghter.
Secure info is they where shipped to chinese warehouse (by jolla or Lastu directly) to be sent with the original tablets.
at least i got it with same package from HK as the tablet.

Guessing from there, the chinese Sokoban operator dumped them since no one paid for storing them?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Secure info is they where shipped to chinese warehouse (by jolla or Lastu directly) to be sent with the original tablets.
at least i got it with same package from HK as the tablet.

Guessing from there, the chinese Sokoban operator dumped them since no one paid for storing them?
I doubt that. Do really think jolla is that irresponsible?

I think Jolla have em.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
speaking of which, why haven't we got Doom running on the Jolla already? It's been ported to pretty much everything else.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
What I meant by general linux games were games on Steam etc. which have minimal dependencies and can be run on the tablet without it blowing up.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
@chen, regarding futur Lauta-like:

- planning Dual-SIM (even standby) that would be wondeful for us travellers in Europe.

- 64 bits CPU ? Even more awsome point if it's something remotely open-source ready that has chances to have upstream linux support one day (so maybe not mediatek). (Allwinner seems another popular chipset on linux project, but some of their SOCs variants are also problematic regarding GPL)

- extension pins ? Like Jolla1's charging and I2C pins, or Fairphone2's USB pins ? Those have attracted a decent community of modders (see Dirk Van Leersum) and it would be cool if your project could similarly be hacked.
(And gives an opportunity to all those unsatisfied customer that complain that your project didn't include their specific dream feature - like a secondary e-Ink display or whatever).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
@chen, regarding futur Lauta-like:

- planning Dual-SIM (even standby) that would be wondeful for us travellers in Europe.

- 64 bits CPU ? Even more awsome point if it's something remotely open-source ready that has chances to have upstream linux support one day (so maybe not mediatek). (Allwinner seems another popular chipset on linux project, but some of their SOCs variants are also problematic regarding GPL)

- extension pins ? Like Jolla1's charging and I2C pins, or Fairphone2's USB pins ? Those have attracted a decent community of modders (see Dirk Van Leersum) and it would be cool if your project could similarly be hacked.
(And gives an opportunity to all those unsatisfied customer that complain that your project didn't include their specific dream feature - like a secondary e-Ink display or whatever).
Duel sim? I vote for a very simple model that actually ship rather then try some extras. Find the easiest way to complete the mission. Like trying the sliding mechanics.

Then in the future. Maybe.

Isn't there any well design qwerty sliders in China that can be used or all that expensive the can't be used or too crapy to use?

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-07-16 at 16:26.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
This post made me think of one of my favorite games. Tuxrace! Don't think I've seen it in Jolla store. I had to fire up my N900 and play it today! Also love the sound with the animation!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Chen or Michael (if you're here), would you by any chance have any picture of the red tablet under natural light like you provided for the black version? I'm still not sure about keeping my current pledge on a red version or converting it to black before the campaign ends, because I'm not sure whether the red is the same as the Jolla C (as the picture of three red tablets side by side would suggest), or a more conventional red (as the other pictures suggest).

Pictures under natural light would likely end my hesitation, if you have some at hand of course (otherwise don't waste your time).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os