Originally Posted by phako View Post
give me the content of the state variable A_ARG_TYPE_SeekMode I can probably fix that.
It's evented: no, data type: string but both the current and the default value show empty (both with and without playing something, when playing the variable currentmediaduration shows the correct value)).

IIRC Zhaan on the n900 had no problems doing this. Maybe a look at the sources can help?

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
It's evented: no, data type: string but both the current and the default value show empty (both with and without playing something, when playing the variable currentmediaduration shows the correct value)).

IIRC Zhaan on the n900 had no problems doing this. Maybe a look at the sources can help?
Huh? It's supposed to be a list of allowed parameters :-/ It has to show "TRACK_NR" at least. I'll have a look at Zhaan

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Yep, the only dlna server I have right now is N9, so I activated it and used Helium to browse and play n9's content to TV.

Some following up:

Zhaan on the n900 definitely works with the mentioned hardware when it comes to setting seeking and volume.

I meanwhile also succeeded in playing pictures, Mp3 and video from the N9 as Server.

Some following up:

Zhaan on the n900 definitely works with the mentioned hardware when it comes to setting seeking and volume.

I meanwhile also succeeded in playing pictures, Mp3 and video from the N9 as Server.
The difference is that Zhaan doesn't try to be smart and check what the device supports I should probably add a fall-back instead of disabling seek.

Hi! Wow I was realy waiting for this app from you and already sneaked into the git repo before. I was su.ccessfully using 0.4 today on my N9 (PR 1.1) and managed to stream music from my Win7 laptop to a SagemCom Internet Radio. I'm not at home so I will try it soon with more devices and servers...but so far the progres indicator worked.

I have the following remarks & suggestions:

- Volume control definetely would be nice!

- Adding media to a device is not very inituitive. What about showing a context menu with available DMRs on a long press?

- So far it is only posible to add 1 file to a player, or? Can I add more files to the play queue and skip through them?

- I had no chance to test this yet with my TV (and also don't have PR 1.2 yet)...but imagine I would like to show images from my N9 on a TV: Do I need to add images manually or is it possible to show a collection of images and skip easily trough the list of queued pictures?

- I don't have background connections on: So after a while Helium/N9 lost connection to the DLNA devices. A server/player refresh triggered no wireless reconnection.

- An idea for a setting option. To autoswitch on DLNA Server on a N9 with PR 1.2.

- Is your TweakUp already integrated into Helium or only available as individual app or only on PR 1.2?

- Do you plan to add UPnP/DLNA streaming to the list of sharing options?

That's it for now I will continue to test Helium at home and by the way...thank you a lot for this great app!!!

Hey, cool app. I've been looking for something like this. I use tversity on my pc to turn it in to a media server. It converts the video and audio on the fly to match the destination device.

On the N9 I can se the media on my computer but I'm unable to play anything, music/video/pic, when pressing play button. When refreshing it says the connection has been lost.

Any ideas how to get this to work?
Oh, and would it be possible to have an option to use the N9 as a media server?

A big thanks for the effort and this app!

Last edited by PeterSmurffiPan; 2012-04-08 at 07:35.

Wow, Thanks for the cool App. I enabled Media sharing on N9 and I was able to show pictures and music from N9 on my Sony Bravia TV. I also have a PS3Media server UPNP server setup on my laptop running Fedora 16, and it is not listed in the servers list by Helium. Is anything special needed to make N9 detect the PS3mediaserver running on my laptop?

After a couple of disconnects I have managed to get Helium to play audio from my WHS 2011 box to my Denon S302 renderer, appears to work pretty well.

Originally Posted by PeterSmurffiPan View Post
On the N9 I can se the media on my computer but I'm unable to play anything, music/video/pic, when pressing play button. When refreshing it says the connection has been lost.

Any ideas how to get this to work?
Yes, long press. As I already said that's probably not the wisest usability choice I made.

Oh, and would it be possible to have an option to use the N9 as a media server?
The N9 comes with a media server starting with PR1.2. It's in Settings → Device → Media sharing settings