Is there a way to make pidgin to blink the blue status led in the top left corner of the N810 when a new message arrives? Like it does when there is a new email or a message by rtcomm?

Thanks!!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
maemo.jabber.dk/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Many thanks!!!!

Is it me or does that turn off sound? My pidgin no longer makes a sound on receiving an IM.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

For me, the led plugin stopped working on OS2008. It used to work flawlessly on OS2007.

I'd be most grateful for any hints as to what may be the culprit. Could it be the fact that I copied over pidgin's config from the OS2007 install?

I suggest you use rtcomm beta instead. It supports every protocol that Pidgin does (libpurple) and is integrated.

I'm relying on OTR encryption quite a lot. Does rtcomm support that?

Google Talk / jabber IM can have multiple logins concurrently, whereas MSN can only have one.

So I would like rtcomm to have manual presence for MSN (ie it is online when I say so) and automatic presence for gtalk.

Is this possible?

Originally Posted by mich View Post
For me, the led plugin stopped working on OS2008. It used to work flawlessly on OS2007.

I'd be most grateful for any hints as to what may be the culprit. Could it be the fact that I copied over pidgin's config from the OS2007 install?
Solved. Indeed the old configuration was the problem. In the plugin configuration, I had "PatternCommunicationEvent" in the field "MCE LED pattern to use". Changed that to "PatternCommunicationChat" and it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to mich For This Useful Post:
I don't suppose a version of the LED plugin has been made for Diablo? I'm hoping somebody has already done the tinkering so that I don't have to do it myself. (And quite probably break things in the process, seeing as how I'm a tablet newbie and my coding skills are limited to some very pretty HTML/CSS. I'd really rather avoid it.)