Notices

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
can someone please tell me why it is laggy? like for example if i unlock my phone using the slide unlock instead of the power button, sometimes qtlockscreen shows up for 2 seconds n then phone gets unlocked
me 2 when 600 MHz
if overclocked to 750 MHz is ok.

same here..even at 750mhz

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
I'm sorry but I don't really know where to look for you problems.
I use my N900 at 600mhz and the only situation I can see the lockscreen when unlocking using the hardware button is:
-Open the stock media player and play something (probably other landscape only program will do the same)
-Lock the n900
-Press the power button and let the lockscreen rotate into portrait
-Unlock with the hardware key
These way I can see the lockscreen (sometimes, not even always) for less than a second, probably due to the rotation (the stock media player is only landscape and the lockscreen was rotated to portrait).

Do you have something going on when locking/unlocking like lockdaemon?
Did you try to change the theme? I'm using the default one.

Btw I installed the speed patch and I can confirm that this solves the "2 seconds lock" when the power button is pressed.

@romiiio: well, in conky (or with the top command) you can check what process is taking that 7/8% of cpu.
The problem with the slider is a known problem (read the first post), but as I said the speed patch seems to solve it.

Last edited by sakya; 2011-08-27 at 08:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Sakya, i know u have gotten this request before, but how abt adding textRotate element for DateTime widget etc. Now of course that would depend on widget size being set by user properly like in Slidetounlock case. textRotate will be rotating text b/w 0, 90, 180, 270. So basic four options should do it.

another thing i had in mind was Clock widget but i am not sure how that would work. Perhaps import one of the desktop clock widgets like yahoo weather widget was recoded.

i love the designer mode, thanks a million

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-08-27 at 09:40.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Laith, i was having similar issues yesterday. I think given the current time widget best solution can be separating Time and AP and then making Time right aligned and AP left aligned and do a bit of maths to make sure both widgets are adjacent .. hope it helps

But having said that, you will still have to go through the ugly way of handling 12 hr versus 24 hr format. As soon as you mention AP and it turns into 12 hr format, AP will show but if you don't mention AP, it will turn into 24 hr format so AP has to be pushed out of the screen into oblivion lol .. ugly but workable solution
thats what I did with the Android theme that I uploaded it

any way thanks alot

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Btw I installed the speed patch and I can confirm that this solves the "2 seconds lock" when the power button is pressed.
Is that so, I have always been a bit scared of installing these so called speed-patches that some guys says making miracles.
But if it solves the QT 2s lock issue that would be a reason to try it out.
Have encountered any problem with a patch installed, Crashes etc?

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
I have same result. Always took this speedpatch thing for snakeoil due to lack of actual metrics in the thread, and of course because of the required reboot that always messes the comparisons up with any programs that use a lot of memory.

But as a reproducible metric it definitely did diminish the screen refresh time from 1-2 seconds to zero or very close to it (to a hundred of a second, as sometimes I see the previous screen for a blink of an eye).

Apologies to Karam if this really proves to be working in a long run.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Milano, Italia
Hi Sakya,
many thanks for your work.
Do you think it possible to use Flash Wallpaper as a background?

tanks negus72

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry for bothering, but I believe I have a bug and a feature request:

The bug: Whenever the QtLockScreen activates, if it has the weather plugin on, it will ALWAYS try to connect to the internet, wait until done and THEN show itself (or, if in the demonstration mode, lock itself). If I'm in slow connections, this is a problem. AND, also, it may help explain why it may be blocking some people from answering calls, because 3g/2g and call service don't like each other so much |:/
My solution would be one of this two:
1)Always cache the last weather at start or whatever (so it won't update only after showing itself, then, having the last possible weather always handy).
2)Free the app to not have to wait until the weather is updated (with threads).
OR, the best of all, a mixture of both. Always cache the weather, and free the app of it.

AND, my feature request:
I would like to be able to put the notification labels INSIDE of the picture's notification. I ask this because, if I try to make it by editing the background picture, if there's no notifications, they will stay there... empty. Well, I wish I would be able to do this:

OR, to always be able to show the notifications, even 0.

Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
The bug: Whenever the QtLockScreen activates, if it has the weather plugin on, it will ALWAYS try to connect to the internet,
This is very strange.
The weather widget is updated:
1.The first time the widget is updated (created)
2.When you connect to the internet and at least MinimumSecondsBetweenUpdates seconds passed from the last update
3.When AutoUpdateIntervalSeconds seconds passed since the last update.

You can test this by launching qtlockscreen in debug mode
Code:
/usr/bin/qtlockscreen -d
and then lock your phone, press the power button to activate the lockscreen and unlock.
Look at the debug messages: after the "start update" message you shouldn't see the message
Code:
Updating weather informations
I would like to be able to put the notification labels INSIDE of the picture's notification.
In the next update you will be able to set TextAlignment to "center" and the text will be centered over the image.