Notices

Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi all and happy holidays!

As some of you already know I made up my mind and am currently investigating a port to BlackBerry 10. You can follow my progress either on Twitter or http://bb10development.tumblr.com/

That does not mean that development on Instago for the N9 is stopped. Quite contrary, both will share as much codebase as possible (bb.cascades is QML as well).

This gives me the opportunity to refactor some stuff I wanted to change for quite some time. One example would be to handle the lists as repeaters. This would also fix the issues with the chinese characters you posted about.

All in all expect more updates next year and development in the usual pace. Thanks for all your support so far and see you next year!

Cheers,
Dirk
You can also use the Symbian components precompiled for BB10... So you can really write code only 1 time... I feel Cascades are no "that" developer friendly compared to nokia components... Maybe I'm wrong and should try smth out

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
I'm still hard at work getting the BlackBerry version on par with the MeeGo one. This is based on the new architecture and the N9 version already uses the shared assets and resources,

Already working:

* Popular Images
* Image Detail
* User profile
* Login / Authentication

Next up: Image features (like, likes, comments).

Video snapshot: http://bb10development.tumblr.com/po...ion-of-instago

Originally Posted by pipould View Post
You can also use the Symbian components precompiled for BB10... So you can really write code only 1 time... I feel Cascades are no "that" developer friendly compared to nokia components... Maybe I'm wrong and should try smth out
I could do that, but I always like to stick to the UI guidelines of the specific platform I'm coding on. So I'd like to have the Harmattan style UI on the N9 and BB10 on the BlackBerry.

Otherwise: True, Cascades takes a while to get used to.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
So, i guess i hadn't tried sharing an image from Instago for awhile. This is what appears if i share an image in a text message:

Instago Link, <html><style type="text/css">a {color: rgb(46, 94, 134);}</style><p>Sgt. Vader's Lonely Hearts Club Band</p></html>, http://instagr.am/p/UhXtbXwaKY/

The link at the bottom works, but everything else is just random plain text. It happens with all images i try to share.

This must have changed in updates since my last attempt to share an image?

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I could do that, but I always like to stick to the UI guidelines of the specific platform I'm coding on. So I'd like to have the Harmattan style UI on the N9 and BB10 on the BlackBerry.

Otherwise: True, Cascades takes a while to get used to.
this means the n9 ui won't look like at the videolink you posted?

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
The link at the bottom works, but everything else is just random plain text. It happens with all images i try to share.
Oh, thanks, I'll add this as a bug.

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
this means the n9 ui won't look like at the videolink you posted?
Right. The videos show the BlackBerry 10 standard look. The N9 version will look as it does now with the standard Harmattan look.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Um, how do I share photos?

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
You can't... For now

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
My comments were about sharing other people's photos via MMS, email, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Oh, thanks, I'll add this as a bug.

Right. The videos show the BlackBerry 10 standard look. The N9 version will look as it does now with the standard Harmattan look.
i would prefere the blackberry look also for the n9 maybe the other users too?!

Tags
development, instago, instagram