Posts: 25 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Montreal

The Following User Says Thank You to codedivine For This Useful Post:
He might have said in his resignation letter .. "Me Go"

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to yogi900 For This Useful Post:
Not a good sign for MeeGo. Jaaksi was clearly one of the few people at Nokia who "gets it" - so if he's leaving, what does that say about the current state and future of MeeGo?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cibyr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nothing on his blog yet.

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
How's Quim going on? Is he OK? :/

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Sad news indeed.

Just one more sign for the marriage between Microsoft & Nokia!

I donīt like the idea of Windows Phone 7 on my beloved Nokia devices, but it could be at least Nokia last chance...

The Following User Says Thank You to WilmaXT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Quim is fine. And MeeGo is fine. We all will miss Ari, a true pioneer of open source and taking Linux mainstream. We have built the first tablets under him and he was the man that run R&D to bring the first Linux phone from Nokia to the world. Whatever he does next, I will miss him. He was a true professional when it comes to managing free open software in the commercial world. No idea where we would be if we wouldn't have had him for the last years. But the show must go and will go on. Keynote speakers for MeeGo Conference will be announced shortly. We are not running out of execs being proud of the community.

The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
allnameswereout, antoarts, arcticrobot, bergie, bigears5000, borghal, brad112358, Bundyo, buurmas, bxbomber, c0rt3x, casper27, cfh11, cjp, Crashdamage, D4rKlar, deadmalc, debernardis, EIPI, esthreel, etuoyo, fatalsaint, FreeThinker, fw190, fwrnando, GeraldKo, Helmuth, HtheB, hyartep, isto, Jaffa, jcharpak, jjx, jrinconr, Ken-Young, kevloral, kjmackey, lardman, leviathan18, lostinmirkwood, Maettu, maguitodelrock, maluka, MartinK, max_power, mikec, mmlado, moepda, mr id, mrojas, Naranek, Netweaver, oldnetdog, ossipena, OVK, PathFinder@9GS, pavlik, pelago, pepitoe, Petteri, philh, PUNK, qgil, ragnar, RAZOR, RevdKathy, sbock, scottrNZ, sjgadsby, skianik, slender, Snoshrk, Sopwith, Stonik, Stskeeps, thp, tissot, towhatend, twaelti, Varanus261, Venemo, vkv.raju, volt, wowsher, yogi900, zem, zlatko, __-_-_-__
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
same article describes meego as 'not so good at the moment'
maybe im psychic for predicting that meego wont be working properly for a long time after release date either,
or maybe i just know nokia all too well!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Okay, now when all leading guys have left, they could form a new firm which would release pr1.3 :P

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:

Tags
suomiexitnok