Active Topics

I wiped my device clean via phone and reinstalled the software via Nokiasuite, and now have an issue with my wifi connection.
Its seems as though its not working 1 in 20 chance a webpage opens (but weather, twitter,facebook feeds refresh).

The connections is strong. At first I thought I fried my wifi due to some overclock play but I guess not.
Conky shows that download speeds are 0.1-0.7kbs.
Do I need to flash the phone the normal way for fix this?

Cheers
mrk

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov

Reboot doesnt help. I changed the housing to see if that helped, but no.
When I change connections from one to the other, I get a page to load when the connection is happening but then its stops.
It took like 2h for skype to connect on wifi, even longer for some other apps.

Last edited by mrk88; 2015-02-27 at 20:27.

Just a simple suggestion?

It seems like a similar issue I had a few months back after a flash. I'm not sure what could have triggered it, but, definitely one AP wouldn't work at all which was fine with other phones (even another N9). I didn't mind it back then as that was not the default connection I use to connect to internet. After a recent flash, when I tried with the same AP, that was totally fine the problem was rectified.

Would a 'restore settings'help? Not sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
I tried everything except a true pc flash. Was kinda hoping not to do that but looks like I might not have a choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrk88 For This Useful Post:
Try to set wi-fi power saving to medium. It always helped me for slow connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Tried that too, ehh. Gonna have to reflash it again

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
I have similar problems where the connection is very slow for most of the websites. And some sites(google, YouTube, etc) work fine.
So what i do as a workaround is open a terminal and ping google.com and let it run in the background, then everything works fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
I also cant download maps for drive, or check out warehouse for example. Need to do everything on my carriers connection. The only thing I can do on my wifi is update feeds and catch a gps signal faster :P