Active Topics

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by berty View Post
Too many die hard Nokia fan boys on the forum. The N900 is an expensive joke that even Nokia have acknowledged by their silence. Sell it why you can still get a few Quid for it if I were you OP.

Lovin my new iPhone by the way. Just if you hadn't heard.

Open source! my arse. Amatuer apps on a never to go anywhere platform.
Just one question to you: Why are you still here? Apple's forum is on discussions.apple.com .

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Me me me.. I was getting a bit bored... but then I found this thread
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I've recently received my n900 and to say i'm in love with it is an understatement. It's my first experience with anything linux based, and it reminds me of my first pc experiences back when I was in primary school. Its a little box of wonders, I'm spending hours just playing around and familiarising myself with all of the functions. I much MUCH prefer an open , rough edged free-fall experience where i'm free to make or break my device how I choose.

The iPhone is way too claustrophobic an experience for me, but it suits others. If you don't like the experience with the n900, then you didn't do enough research or you bought too soon. Caveat emptor. I had the choice of the full spectrum of phones available right now and I went with the n900 because of what it promised, and I was fully aware of the challenges and limitations. I couldn't be more pleased with it, absolutely love it.

Even if development was frozen today the additional functionality I grabbed on day 1 of purchase with zero additional cost would still make this the best phone I've ever owned.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SLDeviant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Nokia ain't listening boys and don't care. That's the fact. At least apple communicate with their customers.
I agree. They seem to be streched out too thin. They have been quite busy doing other stuff this year, the latest being a special 3G phone for the Chineese market. Nokias focus is very much in the emerging markets right now and the nature of phones released thus far this year suggests so. They need to focus to stop bleeding high-end customers. I like Nokia but they are unbelievably phlegmatic !

went and got desire today with mates discount, gonna play with and see which i like better. also put fresh screen protector on n900, looks MINT!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by MaxyOne View Post
Why every iphone fanboy, has something against nokia users?
Today i've sold my iphone. Why?
Because i want N900 again!
For me, Iphone sucks big time (IMO!!!).
Maybe with OS 4.0 will be some improvement. Till then....
Yes, it has a bunch of apps, but iphone has 3 - 4 years ahead.
So... iphone fanboys, get used to it.
Even after OS 4.0 I wont get Crapple because of stupid app policies. I dont want Mr. Jobs to decide which apps I need to use

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Brisbane, Australia
Nokia ain't listening boys and don't care. That's the fact. At least apple communicate with their customers.
Nokia is more than just one "thing". It's thousands of people all over the world. and yes, some of us do communicate with people like you who are or were, customers.

Some of us even use the n900 both for development and for daily phone. and yes, some of us have Apple products as well. There are limitations to everything. Some things have more than others.

So, what part of "communicating with their customers" are we not doing?

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Even after OS 4.0 I wont get Crapple because of stupid app policies. I dont want Mr. Jobs to decide which apps I need to use
Word! I seriously hate Apple with a passion.

However I would rather stay positive on this thread. I recently traveled to Yuma, Az. for business. I had 16 flights over the course of a month back and forth. If it wasn't for my phone I would have gone crazy.

-Internet browsing
-Duke Nukem
-Watching videos
-Listening to music
-Broadcasting my music to rental cars
-Plus I could port my video to the hotel TVs with sound and watch shows or play games with PS3 controller

The phone was amazing and never faltered. I will say this, there is a lot of freedom with this phone, so sometimes the choices can be overwhelming. I suggest if you are getting bored, just look at the downloads or try developing.

Currently I am using my phone to learn Python. Woot!

The Following User Says Thank You to kd_alex For This Useful Post:
i am getting bored but not because the apps and uses of the phone, but i am getting bored because of the waiting of this so famous incoming updating wich is coming since the beggining of the year, that's why i am getting bored.

Originally Posted by peacekeper View Post
i am getting bored but not because the apps and uses of the phone, but i am getting bored because of the waiting of this so famous incoming updating wich is coming since the beggining of the year, that's why i am getting bored.
Beginning of the year?

A little exaggeration never hurt, i guess.

Tags
booooooooooring, please go, please sell