Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Well now that bug about the dialog showing infinitely I did know about, but I don't know how to fix it.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

What a great news, keep it up man.

I have an unusual question, it is somewhat [OFF TOPIC]; what actually motivates you to develop Yappari ? is it the donations, or you just need it and you thought you might share it with the community as well, or maybe some other reasons ?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for this useful application.

I had this bug with the choose connection dailog box popping up all the time last night because I had set my n900 "search interval" in the internet connections settings to be Never - I changed this while Yappari was running. After restarting Yappari it was ok again.

- Note, I normally have my n900 set to search automatically for wifi every 30 mins, I only disable that when my home internet is broken so I need to stay on 3g

As for my changing between 3g and wifi I haven't installed anything extra to do that, it is built into the n900 in the internet connections settings. When it detects a saved wifi connection it seems to bring up the wifi and then just switch to that as the default route before disconnecting the 3g.

it wasn't there in the last versions ..

@ Scorpius

I'm nearly everytime on 2.5G with yappari, without any probs so far...
Provider seems to be relevant.
So v0.0.24 is ready for testing?

@All

Just disconnect before you connect to another point, as somebody wrote before ... so you will get rid of this restarting dialog box.

@davdav

I'm sure, it was!

Last edited by 814d3; 2012-10-17 at 21:20.

By the way me too had set my n900 "search interval" in the internet connections settings to be Never

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
@scorpius
every time i change connections in yappari , it GOES CRAZY, and keeps opening the "Connect or disconnect networks dialog"
and when you click outside to close it, it opens again .. and so on
V 0.0.23
thanks
Hey there,

I used to have the same problem but just recently upgraded to CSSU, the Community update for Maemo 5 and now this seems gone (or happens very rarely and if it pops up, then only once).

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
@Scorpius

What a great news, keep it up man.

I have an unusual question, it is somewhat [OFF TOPIC]; what actually motivates you to develop Yappari ? is it the donations, or you just need it and you thought you might share it with the community as well, or maybe some other reasons ?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for this useful application.
I do it because is fun. No, I don't really use it; I try to use it, but I usually end up sending SMS, because they are always reliable.

Now that we're gonna be able to send at least pictures, maybe I'll use it a little more taking a quick picture and send it to friends or something like that.

EDIT: By the way, calling the browser is kinda slow for received pictures. It's very possible that in the near future I'll make Yappari to download the pictures received to a cache directory and then call the image-viewer which is faster. How faster? You'll see it when you click "View" on a picture you send (it'll use image-viewer).

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-17 at 21:31.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
I also have a question to you Scorpius.. Why the name of the your pro is Yappari?? What does it mean??
Thanks again for Yappari

Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post
I also have a question to you Scorpius.. Why the name of the your pro is Yappari?? What does it mean??
Thanks again for Yappari
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...se#post1222590

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp