Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I don't have and never had such issue, with Jolla, Jolla C, Xperia X Compact or Proš. It might be related to the operator or to the quality of the signal where the phone is located I think.
I concede. I updated the post to correct the BS I may inadvertently have spread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I hate to ask but has anyone dropped their Pro1 yet? I'm not dreaming it will survive falling off a balcony like the Nokia N8 but I know my phones don't have the safest life and I don't want to destroy one.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
There has been multiple fall reports on the Discord server. Sometimes there's no significant damage. I think Mosen dropped his a couple times but just got cosmetic scratches. There has been broken screens too. Fortunately the screen is not hard to source and replace apparently. Someone already broke it three times and is expecting his fourth replacement screen. :>

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
I have dropped mine several times. The highest drop was about one meter from my hands to concrete floor. Some scratches to backside of the phone, but no real damage. And haven't affected to functionality. Haven't yet dropped mine with keyboard open. I wonder how durable the hinge really is, when it comes to impacts caused by dropping.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
A friend of mine dropped his Pro1 and about a third of the screen shattered.
He contacted Fxtec and they gave him two options.
The first was that they would send him a new screen so he could replace it himself.
The second was that he could send in his Pro1 so they could fix it for him.
As the costs are about the same he's going for the second option.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
It's pretty cool that they offer both options, by the way. It may be economically better for them, but it also requires some trust into their users, and in the end if the user can do it himself, everyone wins: no need to wait for a replacement after sending the broken device.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I kinda wish they didn't go for the curved screen. As I image it increase the changes of a damaged screen when dropped.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
So, have now been able to use Pro1 for couple of weeks and so far I am very impressed. Actually only main complaint is that due to delays I was not able to make it my work phone so usage is somewhat scarse now, unfortunately.

The keyboard is obviously the most inportant thing with this phone and for me it works really well. The opening mechanism is solid. Keys have solid response. Unfortunately I still have not mastered/managed to open it reliably with just one hand, but maybe someday. I have never been too eager to get the latest cpu or most ram, just slightly more than what I absolutely would need in my current usercase and this phone answers to that well currently.

Some complaints as well. The fingerprint sensor is somewhat poorly placed. I often notice, that while taking the phone to my hand, i already wake the sensor with too many failed attemps accidentally and when I actually do place my finger on the sensor, I have to wait for the failed, accidental contact to replenish.

Also, when the keyboard is open, volume and lock buttons are cumbesome to reach.

Few questions for others. Is your Pro1 picky with chargers? I have several chargers that it refuses to use. ie Samsung and iPhone chargers only chage for few seconds and then the phone refuses to use them anymore.

Have anyone found an really working cover for this thing yet? Btw. lost my sleeve that came with the order. Forgot it to train. Have to ask if it could be ordered from Fxtec

Thank you for Fxtech and company for this phone

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Btw. lost my sleeve that came with the order. Forgot it to train. Have to ask if it could be ordered from Fxtec
I made a custom case so I do not use the provided pouch. Give me you postal address and I will send it to you.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Some complaints as well. The fingerprint sensor is somewhat poorly placed. I often notice, that while taking the phone to my hand, i already wake the sensor with too many failed attemps accidentally and when I actually do place my finger on the sensor, I have to wait for the failed, accidental contact to replenish.
That was very annoying for me too while i was using stock android for a while. There are ways to raise the amount of attempts as i read, only i never tried.

But Sailfishs inability to wake the device from FP-Reader fixes this behaviour

On sfos you have to first wake via power button and then just roll down your thumb to nicely hit the reader below the button while in Portrait. Works very reliable now for me. With other fingers it is less convenient since you usually want to unlock while in a car mount or such. So you do not see the FP reader but need to move from the PW-button to it blindly which sometimes take a while to master.

The placement seems to be a feature tho since it is most convenient to unlock when you wake the phone by opening the KBD to landscape and then use the index finger, which in my case is exactly long enough to hit the FP-reader behind the angled screen comfortably and exact while the hands are in regular "holding" position!
But since i did not send finger length data to F(x)tec at any point it might be coincidence

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit