Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Elmont, NY
Marcelo,

Is this plugin development OS independent? If not, what Linux distro do you recommend?

-
Jacques

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi Marcelo,

I'm about to install Beta8. (the Canola-cleanup) tool is already running :P.

Do you mind starting another post as this one with clear installation order, as well as space for me to leave feedback (starting tonight)

Thank you

Ilia

The Following User Says Thank You to iliaden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
I don't mind.. it's just that we are finishing upload the site

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Hi all, first of all i'm thinking canola is getting every they more amazing....in my opinion is already the killer app of maemo world and the add of the plugin of lastfm just confirm my theory!
Have you ever thought to integrate the bookmark system of youtube plugin with the youtube account? In this way it would be possible to bookmark video from the n8x0 and then wacth them from any other device(i'm thinking to a laptop of a friend that is following your favourit or to the social networking more in general) I think it would be not so difficult since the youtube api are used in many python project.
What do you think about this proposal?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Genjosanzo : yes we did, we just don't have time : / we are trying to come up with solutions for that, and we are actually accepting suggestion / patches from developers (code is open, testing is ready and so on ) but time is a constraint.

We don't use the main youtube api but the support is indeed easy to implement. It just needs time.

So I think is cool and useful, but we don't have time to do it

Focus now is to try to make it as best as possible (so actualy we are trying to see how to improve mplayer) and fix small bugs.

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Name:  screenshot02.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  20.1 KB

hello,

I just reflashed my n810 a few days ago to see if it would help battery life and functional use of media apps. canola was one that made it lag before my reflash... well skippin to now after the reflash it seems to be fine but canola is giving me problems, not with the speed but just the ( youtube plugin ) it wint play any videos that i try to view. it also wont allow me to input podcast feeds... if someone wouldnt mind sharing thier experience with canola to help, i would be ever so greatful.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Name:  screenshot04.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  screenshot05.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  23.9 KB

these are just more screen shoots to give better insight on what my issue is with my podcast.the first screen shot is of me trying to download from the feed ( which this message pops up and it wont let me download. the second is me trying to play the only episode that was downloaded previously, but it wont play...

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-10-10 at 00:09.

Search is your friend... or more simply... looking at the thread right about yours. A new version has been released that isn't completely working.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32369&page=3