Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Ah, i see a update. Wonder what that fixes.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Wow seems like opera mobile for maemo is being developed by opera officially rather than by hobbyist developers in past. But I (we?) want OPERA MINI as well for cheap and fast browsing via network data. Please consider porting opera mini as well. I am pretty sure porting opera mini would take far less time than the time taken for current port.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
At least in my case, it is caused by the old .opera/ds/1_plugins file. Copying it over the new .opera/ds, where it doesn't exists by default, triggers the bug.
It just contains 1 byte with the value 0x01
If you are affected by this bug, try deleting this file.
Big thanks for spotting this. I've now published a new build (11.0beta1-8) with a fix for this issue.

/ohrn

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Wow seems like opera mobile for maemo is being developed by opera officially rather than by hobbyist developers in past. But I (we?) want OPERA MINI as well for cheap and fast browsing via network data. Please consider porting opera mini as well. I am pretty sure porting opera mini would take far less time than the time taken for current port.
Opera Mobile 11 (and 10) has "mini" functionality, as indeed do the current desktop editions.

It's a simple setting called "opera turbo" in settings and will use the opera proxy you expect when set

Enjoy!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I (we?) want OPERA MINI as well for cheap and fast browsing via network data. Please consider porting opera mini as well. I am pretty sure porting opera mini would take far less time than the time taken for current port.
Turn on Opera Turbo in Opera Mobile 11. It is essentially the same with the ability to switch back to full browser mode.

Honestly, I haven't noticed much improvements and because the one-tap zoom is missing and no way to turn it back on I'm downgrading back to version 10.1. Devs, if you bring back one-tap zoom please remove the magnifying glass icons from the page.

Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
Opera Mobile 11 (and 10) has "mini" functionality, as indeed do the current desktop editions.

It's a simple setting called "opera turbo" in settings and will use the opera proxy you expect when set

Enjoy!
Or spend 10 seconds searching this forum and read the threads on running java and microemulator and run opera mini itself if you really want to.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post

Enjoy!
That would be saving upto 90% traffic in actual mini vs saving 30%(?) traffic in turbo mode.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Or spend 10 seconds searching this forum and read the threads on running java and microemulator and run opera mini itself if you really want to.
I do know how to do that and I have done it but it consumes hell lot of memory, makes my n900 feel slow, high chances that I have to wait quite some time (50sec) before I see a call window after my ringtone has started to play, frequent crashes, tiny tiny tiny tiny font and what not and hence its quite a pain. I can only wish that someone port the j2me environment successfully (native rather than something like microemulator) and someone indeed tried a bit for that (porting it from s^3 to maemo) but its still a long way(or no way?) to go.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Although I really love the build in keyboard from you guys, when I type with keyboard slided out, I still cant get the symbol stuff working? (I don't want to change to the default onscreen keyboard when my keyboard is not slided out )
I see, you want the native IME when using the hardware keyboard and the Opera on screen keyboard otherwise. Thats not possible right now and probably rather hard to implement in our current framework.

Also got some requests:
- Will you guys implement selecting text by holding SHIFT and pressing left or right arrows? (like on a real PC)
You'll have to settle for the native IME option for that. I don't expect it to be implemented in our own toolkit.

- Undo typing action with Ctrl+Z
- Going one page back when pressing Backspace (when the screen is not focused on a textbar) And vice versa with SHIFT+Backspace
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Ctrl+T as new tab and Ctrl+W as close tab would bee good too. Also some shortcut (Ctrl+Left/Right) to quick change between open tabs. Maybe all of this customizeable like in desktop opera? Also an open input box edited with hw keys does not give a "Done" button, closing the keyboard is needed.
There is no support for keyboard shortcuts on a qwerty-style keyboard right now. Since qwerty keyboards are coming into style on Android and Symbian phones I hope this will be improved in the future.

/ohrn

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera