Active Topics

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Hi everybody. I made that thread because I am so amazed about one thing, The n900 , (like all of us know) is a mobile computer, and not a "phone" to 100 %. The n900 can do things that no one phone/tablet can do today, like run 5 OS. The developer options in n900 are infinite. In fact, the n900 is a super phone, with a lot of capabilities. And the true of the n900 is the next:

A group of developers/users with faith bought the n900 for 600 €/almost 700$. The operators disliked the n900 and refused to advertise it in their catalogue. Nowadays, the n900 is a dead phone in the markenting and social terms, if you show your n900 to somebody with "marketing phone" (a lot of camera, social apps, etc...) they will say to you "what the hell you have there? This phone doesn't appear on TV so it is a bad phone" Is so sad that a phone like n900 ended like this. Today, in "The Phone House" (a manufacter of mobile phones well-knowed all least here in Spain) the n900 can be bought without contracts with the phone companies for 143 €. 143 €? Are you kidding me?

And thats all. Sorry for this thread, but I need to vent all of this with people that understand me XD

Bye

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kralde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
€143 is a great price for some great hardware. Who gives a **** how it's marketed? You have great support here, and probably will for many years to come.

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
Hi everybody. I made that thread because I am so amazed about one thing, The n900 , (like all of us know) is a mobile computer, and not a "phone" to 100 %. The n900 can do things that no one phone/tablet can do today, like run 5 OS. The developer options in n900 are infinite. In fact, the n900 is a super phone, with a lot of capabilities. And the true of the n900 is the next:

A group of developers/users with faith bought the n900 for 600 €/almost 700$. The operators disliked the n900 and refused to advertise it in their catalogue. Nowadays, the n900 is a dead phone in the markenting and social terms, if you show your n900 to somebody with "marketing phone" (a lot of camera, social apps, etc...) they will say to you "what the hell you have there? This phone doesn't appear on TV so it is a bad phone" Is so sad that a phone like n900 ended like this. Today, in "The Phone House" (a manufacter of mobile phones well-knowed all least here in Spain) the n900 can be bought without contracts with the phone companies for 143 €. 143 €? Are you kidding me?

And thats all. Sorry for this thread, but I need to vent all of this with people that understand me XD

Bye

dude if thats true, then can you get me one? ive been looking for a spare to buy, i live in cyprus so hopefully postage wont be so bad.

let me know if you can.

Peace.

There is a problem with stock =( so bad. Here is the link, so you can see if there are stock: http://phonehouse.es/app/f/p-5394/te...martphone.html

When you reach the page, in the down part of the page you will see "PVP" "Resumen" "Caracteristicas" etc. Click on "PVP" and then click on "Libre".
I will check out too ,and I will warn you if they have stock.

143 € new ? that really great price ... on amazon n900 's price jumped over $500 !

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Where is the link for this? I can only see phones on 18-month contracts for €129/€149.

[edit: dont worry, spotted the "libre" link...]

So strange...the link is down... :S

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
No, that's the correct address, but I don't think you can link to it directly. Go to the root of the website and search for N900, you will end up at the same link.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
That's probably a misswriting (is that word correct?) . It's more like 543€ something like that

Regards

PS: just to make sure of that... I'll probably drop by on a shop and check it out.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
OP's right. Marketing plays a very powerful role in influencing a product's life cycle or attractiveness. Look at iPhone, even when the world knows it screws up your call and alarm, people will still line up for the darn device.

Now, on the other hand, when we bought the N900, who cared what other people would think? The (N900) size already defied beauty and sleekness that all other phones were competing on. We wanted what's inside and what it was capable of doing. So as for me and my post purchase decision - I have no regrets.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post: