Anyone got any news on UK availability? I placed my order a few hours too late to catch the existing stock

Will.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Northwich, Cheshire, UK
I'm guessing they didn't have a huge number for each country but no idea when they'll have more - think I saw a post sometime earlier suggesting end of the month?

Yup - just got an email advising me of the end November timescale. I know its a bit early to start griping but c'mon Nokia! You run out of stock three days after launch and can't replenish for another 3 weeks minimum?

I often tell clients (I'm one of those wierd marketing guys) that one of the big issues for businesses launching new products (or campaigns) is that plenty of effort goes into planning what to do in the event of failure but few businesses put in place plans for coping with success. Nokia might have fallen into that trap, listening to all the "but it's not a phone and its not a PDA, it's gonna fail" whining I've seen.

Ho hum, 3 more weeks until I hit internet access nirvana - what am I going to do?

Without any knowledge about Nokias production capacity, I'm just guessing:
Let's say they had 10 000 units last week (too much???) and production line can do 500 unit/day. Production lines are not the problem, the parts are, display e.g. It will take at least a week before part production is up.