Tried them, any i got the answer:
rm: can't remove '/home/nitdroid'irectory not empty.

Well, I typed, opensh, I got the message that it cannot be found. I'm not so experienced with this, so if you could give me a command with opensh/ariadnesh that would be great.
or if not, maybe I can live my life with that folder in there...
cheers Guys!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You need to have inception to have ariadnesh; install inception first... Search for the thread with instructions

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You need to have inception to have ariadnesh; install inception first... Search for the thread with instructions
Wow! I love it! i was able to do anything now, delete that flippin nitdroid file and so as well the rest of the messages.
Cool, thanks! Of course it is gotta be handled carefully, i understand.
What else can I do with ariadne, it looks really everything is open now, what shall i check out to improve?
Cheers!

Hello folks,
and yet another problem with my N9. It started to show a popup while ago, that I would run out of application storage, usually at some point after a reboot. No hickups so far, still have access to my messages and contacts, but I couldn't figure out what is taking up all that space.
I already deleted local backups from the phone, extracted my recorded phone calls, and the application-menu only refers me to "other" - no specific program.

I haven't oced the N9, I havent incepted it, or any of that stuff... any ideas there?

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
You know you only have 4,2 GB space for applications on a N9 64GB?

greenstorm,

Your issue sounds very familiar to the OP's issue; that is /home/user/.qmf which store your emails is most probably occupying a huge amount of space. Check out its size first...

===Thread Merged here to keep discussions at one thread===

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-23 at 03:18.

Why the heck is there on this open phone no workaround to that kind of an issue? I suppose that could very well be the eMails, I regularly get pdfs or other documents mailed, and I actually intend on keeping them on the n9.

This is the most open phone in the universe right now - and no option to extend the space emails can take up? Why do I bother to buy a 64gb phone then..

What path is it, that counts into the "application storage" ? Maybe its something else I stored in there?

edit:
checked the folder-size of the mail-folder in qmf - its 794.9M of mail.. not that much actually. Or is it? To me it isn't, but on the other hand my outlook-file on the laptop is around 2GB..

Last edited by greenstorm; 2013-02-24 at 19:57.

simply repartition and transfer some space from your emmc to userfs partition and you are done...

Thanks a lot ! Would it be sufficient to copy everything off the device, repartition it and restore the contents of the partitions back on them? No real time to bother with flashing the device atm

Last edited by greenstorm; 2013-02-25 at 12:46.

Tags
application, popup, space, storage