Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I have no problem with other community members opinions. In fact I love differences. What you call Jolla, what you think about jolla, how you use Jolla is non of my business. Just sail on and don't care what other people say. ( as long as you don't go to personal attacks OFC )

Correct. But before I used devices With keyboards, now i love the note series for both phones and tablets since qwerty sliders are extinct. IT gives you extra functionality for free and gives the product something uniqie compare with the rest. I want jolla to go their own way and just not do something that others have released a million times. A nice cool integration with style would be just that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-01-25 at 13:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Ok I understood, no need to be so close minded. I mean, who cares? Come on.
You are right. In fact, I think you are not open-minded enough. From now on, I will refer to the Jolla tablet as "früdürstöm strümör".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You are right. In fact, I think you are not open-minded enough. From now on, I will refer to the Jolla tablet as "früdürstöm strümör".
You see ? I don't know what it means but I love that name :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_locke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I, from now on, will call it the 'iPad'. So regarding your answer above, even if the iPad does not differ from the iPad, my point is still valid. The iPad does have a capacitive screen, just like the iPad, so the usability for precise drawing is IMHO close to zero.

On a related note, why did you buy an iPad when you already have an iPad?

PS: I hope you like my name as well

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
BTW, back to topic, this looks rather promising:

A simple sketching program that detects the Adonit Jot Script BLE stylus using Gato.
Source code at:

https://gitorious.org/gato/finesketc...043e87ea688e5d

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I, from now on, will call it the 'iPad'. So regarding your answer above, even if the iPad does not differ from the iPad, my point is still valid. The iPad does have a capacitive screen, just like the iPad, so the usability for precise drawing is IMHO close to zero.

On a related note, why did you buy an iPad when you already have an iPad?

PS: I hope you like my name as well
Yeah, I realized to late that jPad was so close to iPad. The storm had already fallen upon me ;-)

And as I already told you, it works with an iPad. Did you even try ???

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I have no problem with other community members opinions. In fact I love differences. What you call Jolla, what you think about jolla, how you use Jolla is non of my business. Just sail on and don't care what other people say. ( as long as you don't go to personal attacks OFC )

Correct. But before I used devices With keyboards, now i love the note series for both phones and tablets since qwerty sliders are extinct. IT gives you extra functionality for free and gives the product something uniqie compare with the rest. I want jolla to go their own way and just not do something that others have released a million times. A nice cool integration with style would be just that.
Yeah, I hear you. I really feel that Jolla should go their own course, too. I posted this thread here on Maemo because I think though that Jolla cannot do anything really relevant given the state of the tablet project. So I believe that given what we have we can still create something in that direction software wise.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
BTW, back to topic, this looks rather promising:

Source code at:

https://gitorious.org/gato/finesketc...043e87ea688e5d
Thanks MarinK, it's already one piece of the puzzle. I should get in touch with the dev.

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2015-01-25 at 14:51.

Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Well sorry guys, I thought the term was in use here and that it would be quicker to write. Anyway, it's sad to see that the only thing you manage to say about my proposition is that "jPad" is a bad name. Ok I understood, no need to be so close minded. I mean, who cares? Come on.
Haha, it's just a joke.

Edit: to add, I think the biggest reason no one likes saying 'jPad' is because that would mean implicitly comparing the tablet with one of fruity brand's offerings. If you say 'jPad', you're essentially saying 'it's a fruity brand tablet but made by a different company. As I think you can see, calling something 'that, but made by another company' always makes it sound like a cheap knockoff. In fact, as someone else already pointed out earlier in this thread, these cheap knockoffs aren't even hypothetical.

Last edited by nthn; 2015-01-25 at 15:42.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Haha, it's just a joke.
Yeah I figured (although two users are on the thin line ;-) ).

Edit: to add, I think the biggest reason no one likes saying 'jPad' is because that would mean implicitly comparing the tablet with one of fruity brand's offerings. If you say 'jPad', you're essentially saying 'it's a fruity brand tablet but made by a different company. As I think you can see, calling something 'that, but made by another company' always makes it sound like a cheap knockoff. In fact, as someone else already pointed out earlier in this thread, these cheap knockoffs aren't even hypothetical.
Mmmh, I didn't think so far I must say ^^ But you got a good point. I'm sorry then.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
On the topic of capacitive displays being imprecise. Yes they definitely are, compared to resistive. However when using a tablet as a tablet, a down-to-a-pixel precision is probably not that important. In the worst case, you can always use the zoom.

BTW, tablets have always used a capacitive sensor, although admittedly with a connected pen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
so, which one is it that we are talking about?

or maybe Dave just likes so much a Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatologists. Or The Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease.
no,no,no... i know he mean this:

by the way...
Jolla Tablet ..... jPad? i dont read ANY Pad in the Jolla Tablet!
please stop call the phone and tablet as jphone, jpad!

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, sailfish, stylus, tablet