Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not true. They have tried with E71, and few other Taleban phones. But it didnt sell. Lumia is still subpar to iphone and androids, but is superior to whatever NOKIA had before

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
he is dreaming and unable to wake up, :^

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I own three N9s bud. Sorry, but I think you dont know what smooth is. It stutters, lags, and is not smooth. WP7 is smooth. iphone is smooth. The kind of stuttering and lagging may be OK for a Third World country, but will not be tolerated in US.
Would I be right in thinking WP7 has all of the following:
True multitasking, multicore processor support, USB mass storage, USB OTG, full Bluetooth connectivity to any device, extendible memory, HDMI out, file manager, Python scripting, ...

Seeing as the humble Symbian can do all of these things I'm sure you'd agree not having such functionality on NOKIA's shiny, smooth new Lumia's would be utterly intolerable.

Leaving out such functionality would be treating Americans like goddamn troglodytes!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, one thing you can't say about the Lumia 900:

Why they couldn't give it away if it was free!

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Would I be right in thinking WP7 has all of the following:
True multitasking, multicore processor support, USB mass storage, USB OTG, full Bluetooth connectivity to any device, extendible memory, HDMI out, file manager, Python scripting, ...

Seeing as the humble Symbian can do all of these things I'm sure you'd agree not having such functionality on NOKIA's shiny, smooth new Lumia's would be utterly intolerable.

Leaving out such functionality would be treating Americans like goddamn troglodytes!
Sure. But it lacked what the common crowd wants. Smooth operator that does simple things out of the box. Even Symbian phones like E71, were a major problem with email. Blackberry kicked their *** in ease of use, and they never did well here in US. Common crowd care less for Python and script gymnastics. Nokia needs to be viable. Everything else may cater to the extremes of 5%, but will not make the payroll.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
he is dreaming and unable to wake up, :^
Maemo, a monumental fail. After 5 itinerations its still not smooth, stutters and lags. LOL. I would commit a suicide if I was in charge of that project

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Erm... wow. Worse has been tolerated and allowed in the US. From the RAZR to the original iPhone, no release in the US has been spectacular from its beginning. Hell, I wonder what were people thinking liking Windows Mobile 2003 when Psion was a much better release overseas.

And don't get me started about Blackberry. I've never owned one, never will...
Sure. But that was while back. You cant bring the same kind of raw OS on the market, and expect to succeed.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Not everyone, even in the US, cares about virgin-a55 "smooth" operation characteristics.

I wonder if you "stutter" in real life, or could entertain people in a "smooth", eloquent way instead. Or be "lagging" after a boozeful "one-buck-all-night" drinking contest with your flashy poser friends.

I just can't keep from laughing over this stupid repeated over-usage of "smooth". Maybe you should start tossing in "elegant" too, North Americans like that in the context of UIs.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-17 at 18:52.

"Don't feed the trolls" comes in mind. Well, after his "ingenious" whining about "retina" screen, what do You expect?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Sure. But it lacked what the common crowd wants.
You do know NOKIA sold hundreds of millions of Symbian devices globally don't you?

Have you noticed how NOKIA has crashed since Elop announced his dumbing-down measures?

Elop could have introduced WP7 phones for the less sophisticated, less demanding user who only cares about 'smooth' screen transitions and continued with Symbian/MeeGo for power users, that way could have had happy customers all round and he wouldn't have cost NOKIA billions of Euros of lost revenue either.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen