Active Topics

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Gremany
hi,
I cann't install any program from Kpacket because ROOT P.W is required and I don't know about it.
Plz can any body replay me it.
Another thing, some windows are bigger more that the area of my screen on n810 and I cann't see the last line of the window especially the bottum "OK" "apply" and " cansle" how can I modify the window to be suitable with the screen.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Argentina
Hi Everybody:
I have found something that it could be interesting in http://en.opensuse.org/Office_produc...F_for_OpenSuSE according to that article it is possible to install IBM Lotus Symphony on K Desktop Environment (KDE), is the same possible on Penguinbait KDE installed in Nokia N800?
Thank you very much

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Permetrina View Post
Hi Everybody:
I have found something that it could be interesting in http://en.opensuse.org/Office_produc...F_for_OpenSuSE according to that article it is possible to install IBM Lotus Symphony on K Desktop Environment (KDE), is the same possible on Penguinbait KDE installed in Nokia N800?
Thank you very much
This would need to be compiled to run on the OMAP processor. My KDE does include full Koffice suite, and with pidgin you can use sametime.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
hello
i am very new to posting things on internettablettalk.com so bare with me if things are not in the right format and so on. I was not sure where i should or who i should go to for help, but i thought this might be the right place. So when started install i read all of the instructions. i choose to install the deb files on the internal(mmc2) card which is 8gb with 5gbs free so knew i had enough space. i installed local-mmc2.deb first everything when fine. when i installed kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb it said that it could not install didnot know why so i read the installing infomation and it said that it needed the tar file in mmc2 first. then i downloaded the KDE358.tar.bz2 first couple of times the file wass very small or corrupted finially i got a clean download and reinstalled the kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb file yet after about ten seconds it says that it cannot install. i tried this a couple of times yet it did not work each time. Then i went to the application manger's installed application page and saw the kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb file installed with 0kb i tried to uninstall it and it would not uninstall and this is the point i am at now. i had an n800 with chinook installed. if anyone could give me some help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by anyons6 View Post
hello
i am very new to posting things on internettablettalk.com so bare with me if things are not in the right format and so on. I was not sure where i should or who i should go to for help, but i thought this might be the right place. So when started install i read all of the instructions. i choose to install the deb files on the internal(mmc2) card which is 8gb with 5gbs free so knew i had enough space. i installed local-mmc2.deb first everything when fine. when i installed kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb it said that it could not install didnot know why so i read the installing infomation and it said that it needed the tar file in mmc2 first. then i downloaded the KDE358.tar.bz2 first couple of times the file wass very small or corrupted finially i got a clean download and reinstalled the kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb file yet after about ten seconds it says that it cannot install. i tried this a couple of times yet it did not work each time. Then i went to the application manger's installed application page and saw the kde-3.5.8-mmc2.deb file installed with 0kb i tried to uninstall it and it would not uninstall and this is the point i am at now. i had an n800 with chinook installed. if anyone could give me some help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated
This is not really supported anymore, you should use boot from SD installer. Sorry, if you want to post your log output from the application manager I can see if I can determine the issue, but there were many updates and KDE boot from SD installer is recomended.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

ok thank you for the help, now this makes much more sense. I still have a question about Kde install is there a supported Kde install that allows it to install and be booted as an application? Is that the boot from SD installer? And even if my maemo os is on the device memory will is save to SD?
Thanks

Originally Posted by anyons6 View Post
ok thank you for the help, now this makes much more sense. I still have a question about Kde install is there a supported Kde install that allows it to install and be booted as an application? Is that the boot from SD installer? And even if my maemo os is on the device memory will is save to SD?
Thanks
The current KDE setup Is made for people who are already booting from SD.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20317

Use Console Tools to setup boot from SD
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=25714

OK, in order to install my KDE you need to be booting from SD with about 1.4GB free

When you boot from SD, this means you create a partition on the SD card and copy the os from flash. This means you can boot to flash as you do now, or you can boot to SD. There are separate OS instances and changes are not replicated.

That said, when you boot to SD its still just maemo, just like in flash. When you install KDE, it will make a KDE menu under extras. KDE can be started from there, it will turn off maemo and boot KDE. When you logout of KDE, maemo will return.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice