Active Topics

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
Definitely relevant but unless you really want a physical k/b or a resistive screen I'd say go with the N9, same idea but more power/better looks/slicker user interface/more apps(marginally)
N9 and N900 are not "the same idea"
not even close. sadly

plus, N9 has less apps than N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Ok, N9 is more closed from developer's standpoint, but I don't think that will make a big difference in this particular case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Val Demar For This Useful Post:
they are totally different devices in every way.

how is this not a big difference?

(I own both of them and I love them almost equally)

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
By today's standards the N900 lacks a capacitive screen with gorilla glass, raw processing power, RAM and maybe a larger screen.

Other than that, the device kicks serious ***
Capacitive screen and gorilla glass is just a plus to not have. gorilla glass seems to break very easy and capacitive has less precision than resistive, not to mention the slick N900 stylus vs capacitive styluses

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
True, the n900 is more appealing in my eyes than an n9. Besides, I'm under the impression that if I do a hard reset/update firmware etc. then I'll be able to get reasonable performance, no?

I'm getting more determined with every reply. Although if $230 is too high, then what is a reasonable price?

The Following User Says Thank You to milmino For This Useful Post:
$110-180 is a fair price range. Depending on condition.

$230 is too high

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Brand new, $150-$180. Used, $50-$100.

Oh, and give it a fresh flash of PR1.3, then upgrade to CSSU-Thumb. Hildon finally becomes as smooth as the demo videos!

Depending on condition.
Recently unpackaged, used, and missing stylus. Everything else seems in order. I may talk my buddy down a few $s.

EDIT: I think I've made my decision to purchase it. Huge thanks to all of you, you made the decision easier. I'll definitely be appearing more on these forums soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by milmino; 2013-01-06 at 02:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to milmino For This Useful Post:
they are totally different devices in every way.

how is this not a big difference?

(I own both of them and I love them almost equally)
Agreed. The N9 is a beautiful phone; the N900 is an amazingly portable computer. They are suited for different tasks; but if I were stuck in the middle of nowhere for a few days with only cell reception, I'd definitely prefer the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
By today's standards the N900 lacks a capacitive screen with gorilla glass, raw processing power, RAM and maybe a larger screen.
Other than that, the device kicks serious ***
Capacitive screen is not better than resistive screen, they are just different, like orange and banana.
Shockproof phone would be a good idea, but it's a rarity in these times.
Processing power doesn't matter much when OS uses too much resources for 'nothing', during a stand-by.
Larger screen would be a liability for a mobile device, but alternatives - such as cinema-style projector - would be welcome for the rare times when large size of screen is preferred (such as, wanting to watch a movie with others on a camping trip - you just don't bring a laptop on a camping trip, it's too heavy, fragile and power-hungry).
Seriously? Any mobile computer is relevant in 2013, as long as you push it to its limits - most companies don't understand the meaning of attempting to reach for the moon, the sky, the stars beyond this galaxy. The possibilities are infinite... I wonder, will Fujitsu ever become a well-known telephone manufacturer? They mostly make Android phones, such as Raku-Raku. They are also presumed to produce the world's thinnest smart-phone, and show off waterproof models...
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: