Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Before you jump the gun, I'm not taking up for dan, he's a man himself
Well, and sometimes I don't even respond to the attack itself because, and let's be honest, it's overt, distracting flame-bait begging for more personal insult back and doesn't really address the topic or discussion going on around it. I seem to recall being reminded about that by ysss and yourself and others ages ago when I used to fall for that more often. At any rate, all the negativity, as you rightfully pointed out, is mainly due to the snowballing effect of more and more negative experience, details and worsening divergence from what USED to be the InternetTabletTalk's devices and Nokia's pitches about open-source. I feel justified in pointing these things out and I'm not aware that there is any kind of rule against speaking such things out loud here. Personal attacks and flame-baiting, on the other hand...

Now... getting back to the discussion of Nokia wanting a new CEO...

Although the topic was originally about OVP, now that we've been stuck with Elop, does anybody know if ANYBODY from the incredibly dimwitted board that managed to ruin the local Finnish economy, jobs and future know what any of them have said about Elop since replacing the old boss with the new boss?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Tempting, but no. We'll simply just see who has bragging rights for being right or wrong.
You're such a spoiled sport. You seemed so confident that you'll be correct don't pussi out on me danny poo.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
they love him in finland. he is the saviour

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
No doubt...and I have NEVER said otherwise. As i said before going WP7 is not the problem, the problem is focusing solely on it, and that is what I don't like about Elop.
I'm also unsure as to why you say Meego etc are way ahead of WP7, because from what I've seen they're not. Each has stuff that the other lacks and vice versa. eg Can u edit documents on n9? no you can't at least not yet. Does WP7 have vpn? no it doesn't not yet.

I also agree that going WP7 is inexplicable, very unnecessary. We are on the same page minus the Microsoft hate.

Listen, the reception for initial release of wp7 was bad yes, but not set in stone. They've improved it drastically. They rushed it out to market and the lacklustre hardware attempts from the OEMs didn't help either, considering the alternatives, it was bound to be sucky. Are you all REALLY not seeing ANY merit in wp7 platform? really? How many of you have used a phone with WP7 mango?
yes you can there is a documents app and google docs and microsoft office 365 web works with it.

i am surprised elop have lasted so long, previous CEO lost 50% stock in 4 years, while maintaing nokia sales grow, sadly not the marketshare.

elop burn 50% in 4 months, managing to decrease symbian sales.

Last edited by jo21; 2011-09-15 at 04:02.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm not taking up for dan, he's a man himself

Regardless... watch how you point fingers. Three more are always pointed back at yourself when you do that.
Dan a man? yea sure I point my finger anywhere I like. I have always done so, and regarding mr hate nokia himself dan, I have abselutely no regrets or second thoughts.

Elop does a first class job. He may not do the job you want, but he most certainly does the job the board want, and that is all that counts. Personally I have purchased the best phone I have had, the E6. Symbian Anna, soon to be upgraded to Symbian Belle. I will get the N9 soon, the coolest phone so far in this century. All this has happened during Elop. In not so distant future, I will also get a Nokia WP.

Regarding dan. The boy doesn't own a Nokia that's not older than 4-5 years. He doesn't care for the N900, he doesn't care for the N9, he is demonstrating hatred towards everything Nokia in every post he is making. He is just a clown, or he has some serious personal problems. That's not kind words, I know, but it is the sad truth.

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
yes you can there is a documents app and google docs and microsoft office 365 web works with it.

i am surprised elop have lasted so long, previous CEO lost 50% stock in 4 years, while maintaing nokia sales grow, sadly not the marketshare.

elop burn 50% in 4 months, managing to decrease symbian sales.
last person i asked about this, they said you can open docs but not edit with documents app. Google docs work, but naturally that is non native....as well as office 365. I would prefer to have native support for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Dan a man? yea sure I point my finger anywhere I like. I have always done so, and regarding mr hate nokia himself dan, I have abselutely no regrets or second thoughts.

Elop does a first class job. He may not do the job you want, but he most certainly does the job the board want, and that is all that counts. Personally I have purchased the best phone I have had, the E6. Symbian Anna, soon to be upgraded to Symbian Belle. I will get the N9 soon, the coolest phone so far in this century. All this has happened during Elop. In not so distant future, I will also get a Nokia WP.
If you were smart enough, you'd know that Elop didn't bring you E6, N9, N950, X7, N8, etc. He brought their demise. Those phones take years to develop, but only one letter can kill them upon reading.

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
That is very straightfoward but flawed thinking. It just goes to show simply that unique UI is NOT ENOUGH for WP7 to succeed. Microsoft HAS to excel at EVERYTHING to make an impact....unlike Apple for eg. They deserve that too
Why is it flawed? That's what the whole point of WP7 was. WinMo 6.5 was super functional, but lacked eye-candy. Look where they both stand now...

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
(...)

Elop does a first class job. He may not do the job you want, but he most certainly does the job the board want, and that is all that counts.
(...)
Yep, doing what the higher ups really wants is all that matters for the community. I'm quite sure an unfairly convicted man will praise the guards for doing what their superiors told them to, especially if what they're doing is walking this man down death roll.

Personally, I think you wholly miss the point. It doesn't matter if Eflop is doing a great job for the people who hired him; all that matters is, he is performing a rather massive disservice to all of us who wanted MeeGo and open phones. If his bosses are happy, I couldn't care less; I'm not.

It's getting to the point where it feels that if Nokia was to release a phone made out of crap, limited edition, you would quite glady go ahead and smear sh*t all over you face while taking a call, just because Elop and the board stand behind such a literally crappy device.

And don't get me wrong, but you're getting personal with Dan. Makes no sense to do so.

Originally Posted by ericsson
Elop does a first class job. He may not do the job you want, but he most certainly does the job the board want, and that is all that counts.
I thought the point was to do what the consumers want, and they surely don't want WP7. He is putting the company at stake by using a third party OS that sells poorly. Better risk things like that with a proprietary OS.

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest