Notices

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
I'm in a dpkg error loop , cannot install/remove qt5-3d , those qt5 files are messed up .

Dragoss91,

You must have Rzr's repo enabled...Disable it, do:

Code:
apt-get purge qt5-*
Then remove snowshoe repo too if you have it installed:

Code:
apt-get purge snowshoe*

Reboot now try by installing only snowshoe repo then apt-get install snowshoe-mobile

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Its a bug...Once you enter your username, minimize the vkb, scroll the web page then go to the password text box and try...
Not working :/

SCREW OPPA GANGNAM STYLE

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Please post larger images...Maybe post them at a image-sharing site and link them here...

Anyway uninstall whatever snowshoe components you have, install snowshoe-repo then apt-get install snowshoe-mobile

That would install all the dependencies too...
I did what you said, and the snowshoe repo (qt5-repository_0.3_all.deb) leaves you with snowshoe version 0.2.1. That's what I had in the first place. My problem is that I want snowshoe version 0.2.6 to see what it's like. There was a link for the new version earlier in the thread, but it will not install because the repo package (even after apt-get update) has older versions of the dependencies.

The files I need are: (1) webkit-snapshot version 125061, because the one in the repo is version 116429; and (2) qt-components2 version >= 2.0~20120619b4, because the one in the repo is 2.0~20120507b2.

So, if anyone is currently running snowshoe version 0.2.6 (not 0.2.1), could you either provide the files in question or direct me to where I can find them? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
i have the same problem as kanser had.......plzzzz help

i did what thedead1440 said kanser to do got the same output but nothing happened

ok I've just installed snowshoe v0.2.6 due to a number of people having issues with it...

My steps:

- Use N9QTweak Tweak II to remove Rzr Repo (if you get messages like snowshoe-mobile is obsolete or qt5 conflicts you most probably have it enabled too so it doesn't hurt to remove it)

- Installed snowshoe-repo

- In terminal as root typed:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install snowshoe-mobile
A message came asking to fetch ~45MB of archives to which I agreed and it works now...

The archives that were fetched have all been zipped and can be gotten from my dropbox: http://db.tt/TD8DDqBC

If the above steps don't work for you; just download the .zip and extract them to one folder in MyDocs e.g. /home/user/MyDocs/snowshoe/ then in terminal as root type:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/snowshoe/
dpkg -i *.deb

Let me know if you have any issues although I don't anticipate anymore after the above are followed correctly...

P.S. I haven't checked the legality of sharing those files above so if anyone knows better/has any objections please let me know and I'll remove them

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-27 at 14:23.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Snowshoe-repo has no contents. So this won't work.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Snowshoe-repo has no contents. So this won't work.

slaapliedje
I just did the steps and it worked...You have Rzr's repo most probably hence you think snowshoe's repo is empty...

Trust me, I won't post things that won't work...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thank you, thedead1440! This worked like a charm. You da' man. Your instructions are perfect.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Any advantages to this over the stock browser?