Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Reading talk.maemo.org on the Harmattan browser is slightly inconvenient, for me at least. Therefore, I give you forum-tmo, a very much work-in-progress N9/N950 QML UI for this very forum:

Name:  2011-11-14_17-13-31.jpg
Views: 2748
Size:  22.6 KB Name:  2011-11-14_17-30-35.jpg
Views: 2708
Size:  24.1 KB Name:  2011-11-14_17-31-00.jpg
Views: 2690
Size:  22.6 KB

The application can be downloaded via Apps for MeeGo. Or directly download a current Debian package from the Community OBS. The source code repository is on gitorious.org: https://gitorious.org/forum-qml/forum-tmo

I'd like to eventually grow this into a well-integrated and really (one-handed-)user-friendly interface for all important forum functions, so I'd value your input on how to design it properly to this end
And of course I've implemented tons of bugs for you to find...

For now it can:
  • show the main forum list,
  • show the forums' thread lists,
  • show each threads' post list,
  • use the quick search to search for threads, and
  • show the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" thread lists
  • add and remove thanks
It can also post new threads in a forum, or new replies to a thread, but this functionality is still quite buggy. If you'd like to try this, please check the created post in the browser, too.

I've used the signon password plugin to store the login credentials for now, so there is no validation in the accounts UI yet.

Last edited by pH5; 2011-11-22 at 18:44. Reason: Version 0.0.3 released on Apps for MeeGo

The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nice!

N900 port would be nice

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
People complain about the low app ecosystem of Maemo and Meego but its community members like you that reaffirm my decision to stay with this platform from the n810 to my new N9. Many Thanks to you and the rest of the developers out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Can you please upload this (and the MeeGo forum app) to the official repository? ( http://apps.formeego.com )

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can you please upload this (and the MeeGo forum app) to the official repository? ( http://apps.formeego.com )
Done and done.

Porting to Fremantle/N900 should be possible, I have to check out the Qt Components support in extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
wow, now life would be much more easier great job dude

N9 64gb black

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I've got a bit of a problem. I typed in my password and it seems to be impossible to get back to the dialog. And removing or even purging the application doesn't remove the stored username/password settings. The error screen suggests I click the back button, but there is no back button on the first page, as you can see from the screenshots in the original post.

Never mind. I had to remove the account from "accounts". That part is missing an icon btw.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2011-11-22 at 15:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mece
Never mind. I had to remove the account from "accounts". That part is missing an icon btw.
Yes, in the future the account plugin itself should do the validation so that you can't even create an account with wrong credentials.

The icon will appear after a reboot - does anybody know how to fix this? I suppose some icon cache would have to be updated in postinst.

Oh, and that <strike> bug is fixed in the next version.

Last edited by pH5; 2011-11-22 at 18:38. Reason: Version 0.0.3 released

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
The icon will appear after a reboot - does anybody know how to fix this? I suppose some icon cache would have to be updated in postinst.
It might be this bug: http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
How to install this ".ymp" files ? Where I can find the .deb files for this two forums ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-11-23 at 01:21.