Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
There's no modification to source code. Where is the 'no timer' option supposed to be?
Sorry, my bad. As Bundyo noted, there were two ports to Maemo 4 : Battlegweled was the very first one, and Gweled followed some time later. I quickly switched to Gweled because it had more options (like no-timer mode) and fewer bugs, and afterwards forgot all about Battlegweled.

So when I saw you port I thought I was looking at Gweled :-)

It's nice to have it though, so thanks, but I hope Gweled comes back too...

Gotta say that I have never heard of gweled. It's not in Extras. (good example why Extras should be used)

If it's same as this http://sebdelestaing.free.fr/gweled/ , it sure looks better, it's gtk2 program for example.

Where's the maemo version of gweled?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
as i have it as stand alone .deb, as well as the lines game, i suspect they are hiding out in garage...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
as i have it as stand alone .deb, as well as the lines game, i suspect they are hiding out in garage...
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/gweled/ pretty old version, claims to use SDL when the newest gweled doesn't use it. Wonder why it hasn't been released properly? 489 downloads vs. 30000 downloads for battlegweled

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just downloaded and installed the gweled .deb and it works on the n900! I like it a little bit better than battlegweled because it has music and 2 modes (timed and untimed) but both work pretty well. Now, back to playing Bejeweled

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/gweled/ pretty old version, claims to use SDL when the newest gweled doesn't use it. Wonder why it hasn't been released properly? 489 downloads vs. 30000 downloads for battlegweled
That's the one, yes. But I don't think the numbers are accurate :-)

Last edited by fpp; 2009-12-20 at 21:09.

Originally Posted by sgleo87 View Post
I just downloaded and installed the gweled .deb and it works on the n900! I like it a little bit better than battlegweled because it has music and 2 modes (timed and untimed) but both work pretty well. Now, back to playing Bejeweled
Really ? I didn't think of trying, I thought Maemo4 packages didn't work on Fremantle at all. Clearly I was mistaken, thanks for the tip !

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
That's the one, yes. I have a .deb of a more recent version (0.3), but I don't remember where I got it from :-)
Latest version there is 0.3.2. I wonder how the version numbers are related to gweled (latest 0.7). Porting actual gweled wouldn't be too hard, it requires getting rid of some gnomeui stuff and general hildon stuff.

Latest version there is 0.3.2.
Yes, I realized later that I had misread the Garage page and edited my post, sorry. 0.3.2 is also the version I have on my tablet(s).

I wonder how the version numbers are related to gweled (latest 0.7). Porting actual gweled wouldn't be too hard, it requires getting rid of some gnomeui stuff and general hildon stuff.
Well, if it's doable we could certainly use an improved N900 version !... :-)

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Um, fpp is probably talking about Gweled, which also had another good touch - you were able to swap the crystals with gestures, not only by selecting them one by one.