Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
The bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver for Maemo Fremantle is now available!

It is based on the upstream bleeding-edge wireless-testing tree and incorporates nearly all features found in the stock wl12xx driver used in Maemo Fremantle, adds some bugfixes and also provides some unique features like packet injection.

More information can be found on my blog.

The Following 142 Users Say Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:
-L-, -Tyler-, 4n77r4xX, aathava, aBs0lut3z33r0, adhrie, Agent 770, ajack, Alfred, AlMehdi, anapospastos, anders_gud, Andy1210, anonymous, ApAMiX, arnoldux, Atarii, attila77, Bad_Habit, Benson, BertvanDorp, BLC, BLIZZARD, bobbydoedoe, casper27, Chrome, cipper, clasificado, codeMonkey, Creamy Goodness, cruster, cy8aer, D4rKlar, dashti, datjomp, deny_winarto, devdsp, don_falcone, Dragoss91, Ele-Mental, elie-7, epitaph, Estel, evan, F2thaK, fasza2, fatcobrah, FlameReaper, futtawuh, fw190, gabby131, grinsekatze, Halftux, hardkorek, HellDragon, hesham, hgroove, Hotshot, HtheB, humble, i M@N, imo, ioan, ivyking, izrzdor, James_Littler, jcharpak, jd4200, joerg_rw, kamiwey, kent_autistic, kevloral, kingoddball, kojacker, kuentin, littlebadger, lolloo, Luigi Brosse, lukash, MaddogG, magic_doc, maluka, Marklar, mece, Megaltariak, Mentalist Traceur, mikecomputing, misiak, moepda, MohammadAG, mooglez, mveplus, Netweaver, Nikem, nivz, nkirk, NokTokDaddy, oldnetdog, onion, pali, panjgoori, paulkoan, pelago, price, Pyro1099, rabarkar, Radicalz38, Random_Nokia_Hero, Rauha, RedMatterInc, retsaw, RFS-81, S0urcerr0r, SaintGermain, samipower, sifo, Skaven2k2, sLumPia, smartypants, sony123, stevomanu, stlpaul, Stonik, Switch_, te37v, techno2001, terminal3, tetris11_, thegman, theonelaw, TiagoTiago, Tiboric, torpedo48, totalentropy, Transcend, udaychaitanya16, victorevo, Vlad_on_the_road, Wikiwide, Xagoln
Cool I'm downloading it right now.
Will it be included in kernel-power?

Edit:

I just wrote post on your blog. I can understand that you expecting money for your hard work.

How i can donate if I have no credit card nor paypal?

Last edited by hardkorek; 2010-12-28 at 13:50.

Since you are selling my code, I do hope that you comply with the license and include the source. A patch is not enough. Please see here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....IsInconvenient

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Since you are selling my code, I do hope that you comply with the license and include the source. A patch is not enough. Please see here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....IsInconvenient
Thank you for mentioning this, I thought it would be ok to only provide patches if I specify the exact base version. Moreover I thought patches are also the better way since their are so many changes, that it wouldn't be easy to guess which changes belong together. I will now also include the full source.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lxp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lxp View Post
Thank you for mentioning this, I thought it would be ok to only provide patches if I specify the exact base version.[...]
You may distribute patches if you distribute the base tarball to apply patches to together with the patches.

This is how distribution source packages work. You have a tarball with a base tarball and a set of patches + instruction how to apply them.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Mhh i Donate but did not recive a email where i get the link of the files? can you please take a look what was happend? ps i send you a PN @t LXP

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by lxp View Post
The bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver for Maemo Fremantle is now available!

It is based on the upstream bleeding-edge wireless-testing tree and incorporates nearly all features found in the stock wl12xx driver used in Maemo Fremantle, adds some bugfixes and also provides some unique features like packet injection.

More information can be found on my blog.
So wut's this then?

This is free software but I have to pay for it? He?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Wireless in general is working just fine for me. What general benefits would I notice if I installed this?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
So wut's this then?

This is free software but I have to pay for it? He?
If you can read, you will have noticed that the amount of donation is left up to you and that there is no enforcement mechanism in place to make sure you pay. It's an honor system agreement that you pay to help compensate the person who made it possible.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
how long take it to get the link after donation? i have donate but it take for ever for me 25 minutes and it increase?

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251