Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I bought this unit on Amazon as a nice refurb in Dec. 2011.
It is in very good condition, looks new, no damages, everything works.

Original box includes N900, earbud headset, cleaning cloth, manual, software CD, AC charger, two USB to mini-USB cables --- but no video-out cable.

Good, solid USB socket; always used with filed-down USB connector for gentle connection with no strain.

Always used with screen protector on. Mostly used indoors. The Zagg screen protector can be changed with a new one that comes with the OtterBox package.

No dead pixels.

The phone is flashed and ready to go.

Extras include:

Brand New OtterBox case with extra screen protector.

PowerGen Rapid Universal Charger. Charges the BL-5J battery externally from 110/220VAC or 12VDC, including adapters for other devices.

2 Extra BL-5J batteries.

Issues:

The only issue the phone has is an intermittent tendency to sometimes reboot itself, usually when trying to turn the phone off, which has been since I first purchased it.

The reduced price is $88, including free UPS or Fedex ground shipping to the USA only; pay with PayPal.

See photos at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/112498...7639024076546/

Last edited by robert37; 2014-06-23 at 05:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
PM'd
10 chars

Not a bad price. I bought one brand new from Ebay in the UK for £250 a year ago.

And recently purchased a used N900 from Ebay for £115 which had a whole bunch of network hacking tools installed. Apart from the general wear and tear that you get on a phone that is 4 - 5 years old, I was pleased with it. I will came with everthing out of the box plus a CD with all the software that was installed.

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Hi robert37, can you send the N900 to Italy, and if yes, what are the shipping costs?

Hello,

No, sorry. I can only ship to the USA. I priced the shipping with my local shipping store. The price is prohibitively expensive even on the cheapest option which has no tracking on the package.
Thanks for looking.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Can you go into more detail as to when/why/how the intermittent reboots would happen?

Any mental notes on the state of the phone at the time (were you usually trying to turn it off because it was already misbehaving at the time, e.g. from overload, or something else), or the frequency meant by intermittent (we talking once a day, once a week, once per few weeks, what)?

It's one of those things where maybe it was perfectly innocent, or maybe whoever owned it before it was refurbished overclocked it without thinking to the point of actual damage, then slipped it back as a return or whatever as soon as they realized it. Or it could just be an innately defective unit. In either case, I think whoever decides to buy it deserves to know as much detail about the issue as possible.

That said, thank you on behalf of everyone interested in possibly buying this, myself included, for the honesty and integrity of revealing that issue up front to begin with.

Finally: This thing still works as a phone right, no 'all telephony functions have been disabled' error, and no intermittent failures to detect SIM card even though it's still in the slot undisturbed (which is typically a precursor to the former)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Will you ship to your neighbour in the North? Canada? Shipping costs are basically the same.

I can PayPal you immediately. Let me know.

hawaii, didn't you used to have several backup N900s sitting around? I know you ended up selling those off, but is this an actual need, or another backup?

robert37, just so you know, I am actually pretty strongly interested in buying this from you as well. Depending on your answers to my questions above and hawaii's answer to the one made in this post at him, there's a good chance I'd start bidding up on this one.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Can you go into more detail as to when/why/how the intermittent reboots would happen?

Any mental notes on the state of the phone at the time (were you usually trying to turn it off because it was already misbehaving at the time, e.g. from overload, or something else), or the frequency meant by intermittent (we talking once a day, once a week, once per few weeks, what)?

It's one of those things where maybe it was perfectly innocent, or maybe whoever owned it before it was refurbished overclocked it without thinking to the point of actual damage, then slipped it back as a return or whatever as soon as they realized it. Or it could just be an innately defective unit. In either case, I think whoever decides to buy it deserves to know as much detail about the issue as possible.

That said, thank you on behalf of everyone interested in possibly buying this, myself included, for the honesty and integrity of revealing that issue up front to begin with.

Finally: This thing still works as a phone right, no 'all telephony functions have been disabled' error, and no intermittent failures to detect SIM card even though it's still in the slot undisturbed (which is typically a precursor to the former)?
Everything works well, the phone part is fine, call quality always good, no error messages ever appearing, no problems other than the sometimes-reboot mentioned.

As for the rebooting. It usually happened when, at the end of the day, I turned the phone off. Then, sometimes, the phone would instead reboot itself, and I would have to turn it off again. This time, it usually would turn off, but sometimes it would reboot again; but never more than twice or thrice. But just as often, the phone would turn off normally, without any reboot.

I noticed one thing --- when I replaced the battery with one freshly charged by the external charger, the reboot-problem seemed to be less.

Once in a great while, the phone would reboot at a random moment, but never during a phone call, and, I think, never while running any app. Only when sitting there, idling. But this sort of reboot was very rare.

Robert

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Alright, well, I was waiting for hawaii to see if he'd respond to the inquiry I said to him, but since it's been a while and he hasn't responded, I'd like to go ahead and get it if you haven't already sold it.

I'll also just pay $90 instead of $88 while we're at it as a small token of appreciation for you waiting for two days when you could've just sold it to hawaii by now.

PM me with paypal info?

Closed Thread