Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey guys just want to let you know that I've decided that my next device will be Galaxy S2.

One thing that holding me back before is that S2 doesn't have HDMI output. But after a few digging and searching, I've found that it does support USB-HDMI output or so called MHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtwTcnR0hqA

Which is very interesting feature So I'm all in to Galaxy S and saying good bye to Nokia forever with their Win7 phones.

Although, I will be holding on to my N900 until the day its brick on me. Love this device and the community behind it

You guys have done so much for this lonely orphan N900. N900 will always by my side and I still have so much use of it But I need a better camera phone 1080p that is and better hardware.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Good for you. Waitin for N9 may take a while and then you may not like it anyway. I guess it's this one -> http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/17/s...gra-2-version/
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yeah I hope to get the samsung Orion processor version
Not sure when it will be released.

N900 will always be my sidekick device. Can't live without the FM transmitter and other features on it lol.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
i imagine we will see a faster exit rate now. good luck. sad to see such enthusiasts as you move away from the true linux form.

il never buy a nokia wp7 and am patiently waiting to see nokia burn. elops burning platform letter was very indicative of his nature - sensationalist attention seeker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Android is usless. I just pre ordered an android phone just the verify how usless It really is. Used 1.6, 2.1 before and will jump to SE ARC.

cant wait forever for meego. But will buy meego phones when they hit the market.(from intel or others, not from nokia)

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-02-18 at 00:15.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
i imagine we will see a faster exit rate now. good luck. sad to see such enthusiasts as you move away from the true linux form.

il never buy a nokia wp7 and am patiently waiting to see nokia burn. elops burning platform letter was very indicative of his nature - sensationalist attention seeker.
Yeah I don't think we all really have a choice right now. It's either Android, iOS or Win7. iOS and Win7 are not my taste and it's doesn't really give me enough freedom. Android is the most open for the three horses. MeeGo still got along way, I'll be considering it in the future though Once I can see some solid improvement in supports and opportunity.

I'm not turning away from Linux just yet. I had lots of fun hacking and tethering my N900 (until my USB broke off) and I spent $120 just to get it repaired. So I have a long term relationship with it Android phone has more support from third party and yet it not too bad as I will root it and gain access

Love my N900 and still do very much. First time I hold it in my hand, I really carefully and patiently handle it with care and I still do even now. It's the first device that made me sleepless for 2months waiting for its to come out and delivered to my door after the insane delay from Amazon lol. It almost turned me into a carnivore, I am at peace when i'm with my N900

I would of wait for MeeGO but I don't think Intel is ready to mass produce it. When it does I'll sell the Samsung GS2 and get it

I'll be around here for very long time.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Pity it doesn't have an FM transmitter

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tmarinos View Post
Pity it doesn't have an FM transmitter
yes. android will never be able to create a KILLER FEATURE like that

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
yes. android will never be able to create a KILLER FEATURE like that
This is where N900 comes in Handy

no one else buying an android while waiting for meego?

Tags
bada rox, s2 arc astrix, s2 ftw, s2=super phone